[FOR FREE] Free Trade: 70 Cuda rearend housing and axles for the same parts for a 67 Cuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrowhead65

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I will trade even, a very nice 1970 Cuda 8-3/4" BARE rearend housing and its pair of correct length axle shafts, for a 8-3/4 housing and matching pair of axle shafts to fit a 1967 Cuda (roughly 3" narrower housing). I'm not including any brakes, drums, backing plates, third member, differential or R&P gears. Your parts should be in equal, decent working condition. I'm located in Central IL and ideally we will meet somewhere to exchange, do not want either of us to have to ship anything if at all possible. Picture of my 70 rearend still assembled, without the brake drums in place it's 61.5" wide axle flange to axle flange.

1970 Cuda rearend.jpg

Are you looking to trade straight up, or is there going to be any money involved in the 'trade'???

Straight up, unless there are other parts thrown in that are worth some money, but I'm only trading the bare housing and its pair of axle shafts. I'd think E body housings are harder to come by, making this a fair trade, but I don't know.

Last edited:
Straight up, unless there are other parts thrown in that are worth some money, but I'm only trading the bare housing and its pair of axle shafts. I'd think E body housings are harder to come by, making this a fair trade, but I don't know.

No, no, no, my son...

E-body 8 3/4" axle housings are a dime a dozen... Standard on the B & E bodies...

The standard axle on the a-bodies was the 7 1/4" axle that breaks very easily with a mild V-8...

A body 8 3/4" axles were only available as standard on the high performance A-bodies original with the Formula S or GTS 340 and 383, and optional on the lower V-8 models making them rare and expensive...

There is no way anybody in their right mind would trade an A-body 8 3/4" axle even for an E-body axle, much less throw in extra parts....

You must be new here... Good luck with that...

No, no, no, my son...

E-body 8 3/4" axle housings are a dime a dozen... Standard on the B & E bodies...

The standard axle on the a-bodies was the 7 1/4" axle that breaks very easily with a mild V-8...

A body 8 3/4" axles were only available as standard on the high performance A-bodies original with the Formula S or GTS 340 and 383, and optional on the lower V-8 models making them rare and expensive...

There is no way anybody in their right mind would trade an A-body 8 3/4" axle even for an E-body axle, much less throw in extra parts....

You must be new here... Good luck with that...
New to mopar world, yes. I'm a Pontiac guy, but am restoring my late cousin's 67 Cuda. Pulling the old slant six and weak rearend for a modern Hemi, 727 and 8-3/4. Well I suppose I may have to consider some cash on the barrel head, or I'll just narrow this one and buy new axle shafts. Thanks for the heads up. Got an A body 8-3/4, by the way?

Mopar a body 8.75 rear ends are a hens tooth these days....the very most desirable!!!

New to mopar world, yes. I'm a Pontiac guy, but am restoring my late cousin's 67 Cuda. Pulling the old slant six and weak rearend for a modern Hemi, 727 and 8-3/4. Well I suppose I may have to consider some cash on the barrel head, or I'll just narrow this one and buy new axle shafts. Thanks for the heads up. Got an A body 8-3/4, by the way?

Yes, all of my a-bodies have 8 3/4" axles, I won't run anything but...

I have a back up one or two in case I need to replace one of them, but have sold off any extras that I was willing to part with many years ago... Just have what I need to keep my fleet going...

One thing that you may want to know is there are two 'generations' of a-body axles, the early ones and the later ones...

In 1970 they changed the brake hose mounting location on the axle and if you don't get the right one, your rear brake hose may be a little too short to reach or you can also have a longer brake hose custom made... I had to do that on one of my cars that I converted to an 8 3/4" axle...

One generation has the brake hose mount right next to the hump for the gear, the other has it more outboard toward the middle of the axle tube on the driver's side.... I can't remember which one is which off the top of my head...

Keep that in mind when you are looking so you don't have issues with the brake lines/hoses....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back