Fresh 273 commando "Fire in the Hole" Video

-

stroker402

1968 dart GTS convertible
Reaction score
I can't remember if I posted a video of my rebuilt commando 273 commando engine in a 65 barracuda formula S from early this spring 2018 .. so here it is...... putting some " Fire in the Hole " breaking in the cam .
since then, I have at least a 1500 miles on it now and it's running Awesome !! CLICK HERE ...... I'm having a problem uploading video ....... here is a pic until I figure it out . sorry !
specs are :
Stock 10.5:1 high compression dome pistons , stock bore , massaged 920 heads , Isky t-3 custom ground solid cam 260* adv. dur, 455 lift 108 with 2* built in cam , stock valve train gear , ld4b intake , 650 holley dp. at the time of video . too much for my 273 though.... ( went back to stock carb afb 500 custom built to what my engine wants. ) engine rock now . Pertronix ign with rev limiter and a flamethrower coil. hooker semi fender well headers with 2.25 head pipes into flow master 40's 2.25" in and out . dumped before the axle .
4 sp and 3.55 gears .

IMG_6443_2.JPG

Last edited:
I really want to see your video but I get a 403 error from google. Anyone else or am I doing something wrong.

Ok ! , On this sight >>>>>>>>>>>> Go to my
"273 commando Build" . there is a video there with all the specs . Thanks !

Cool video! Do you like the semi fenderwell headers? Getting ready to put a 360 into my wifes 65 barracuda. Do you know how big the primary tubes are? Much cutting involved?

Cool video! Do you like the semi fenderwell headers? Getting ready to put a 360 into my wifes 65 barracuda. Do you know how big the primary tubes are? Much cutting involved?
the tube size is 1 5/8" and plenty of room for making sharp turns while driving . I have f70x14 firestone wide oval tires up front . the holes cut into the fender wells is smaller than the hole you would have to cut for a true fender well header like a hedman header. I had chassis headers on a 65 dart charger and I like these semi fender well headers the best all around .

update on my 273 commando build ::::::::::::::
She's a Screamer !
273 commando running Excellent !
Man........... this engine has some balls ! I've driven many 340 cars before and my cuda would take them easily ! I'm almost ready for another pair of tires .

IMG_6651.JPG

-
Back