Fresh air breather

-
Ya'll go ahead and debate performance issues all you want (all I've ever owned were V8s so I can't help with a slanty discussion), but I'm just going to sit here and admire that cool old breather. I don't have a section for boat parts on my website yet. LOL!

Memike, what do you think about the Offy lettering in that same Manhattan Blue to match the adapter plate? Would be a challenge but might look really cool too. Especially if Victoria gets a new blue dress someday.

Well this old breather is going to get boxed up with my 390 and sent your way Leanna :-D Billy and I talked it over and I am thinking I want it to look like the bowls on my Holley and do it chrome look if you can.

Here is what I have came up with so you can show it to billy, He said he has a good adapter in mind. :cheers:
I will be getting it and the carb in the mail this week end.

outside 011.jpg

outside 010.jpg

What would you do :-k Aluminum or chrome ?

Never done a poll before so with the engine correct color red
and this intake and carb what would you think the fresh air breather would look good under the hood.

Could go with red. :thumrigh:engine color for 66 :-D

outside 028.jpg

outside 029.jpg

outside 030.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

I think it would look great red! Will that set up fit under the hood or are you planning to make a hole for it?

YF

Yeah, it looked like you two were chatting it up like a couple teenage girls this morning Mike LOL -- I was in and out, busy with some old Vette valve covers. Sorry I didn't get the chance to say hi. Billy filled me in on the gist of your plan though. (Are you buying a carb kit? It might be kind of hard to find up here in the toolies.)

Since you asked, I think it would look better matching the bowls than the intake, but that's entirely your decision. The new Ultimate Chrome powder I've got will get a lot of attention going to that breather. It looks best on really nice metal though, so I may end up having to do some deburring and sanding to get the breather as smooth as possible first. The Offy lettering could be done in a different color to set it off too, matching the exterior of the red, the blue on the adapter plate, or any of 6,498 other colors. LOL

Thank you in advance for the next batch of work! We'll do everything we can to get 'er done right for ya Mike.

I think it would look great red! Will that set up fit under the hood or are you planning to make a hole for it?

YF
I am hoping it will fit wicked/six, I will get some measurements today and make sure, The 170/ as you know is shorter and if it will not fit I will go another rout. As soon as I get my breakfast in me and get outside that will be the first thing on my agenda :-D

Thank you for reminding me wicked :cheers:

Still trying to figure out if they ran an air-clener with this scoop. Do you know?
Just a steel screen on top of the carb heavy stainless filter.
You could barley see though it.

Looks like the gravy tells the story

When I added the chain saw blade package then put the breakfast gravy on it, Then it hit the hood.

outside 033.jpg

outside 035.jpg

outside 041.jpg

outside 039.jpg

It is 10'' from the top of the exhaust manifold to the top off the factory breather.
I can put 1 1/2'' on the factory breather and the gravy does not hit the hood.

So I should be good to 11 1/2'' on this modified toy I am building.
and as long as the adapter is no taller them 4'' tall It will fit.

Makes ya go haaaa new engine mount's :-D it could get tight. :-k

outside 044.jpg

Yep :blob::wav:It will fit nicely.

Time to box it all up and send it to PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS :cheers:

Billy is going to go through the carb and get me adapted :-D:supz:

It was time for the insulator to go.

Look at the factory color under the hood :-D

outside 037.jpg

looks like a great idea, cool you found it on a marine engine

Thank you thanson :-D Know to send it to be cleaned up and let leanna
but a nice powder coat job on it.=P~ chrome look or a engine red :-k

YF

Glad you ask wicked, It was closer then I thought it would be. Thanks.:-D

That's going to be awesome Mike (and not just because it makes more work for me LOL).

Keep in mind, too, that I can EASILY change the color on that adapter plate for you if you want to do something more color-coordinated to make it all tie in -- unless you're going for that patriotic look? If you decide to go with a different color on the adapter, just toss it in the box with the other parts and I'll do it up however you like.

I'll give you a call when the parts get here to let you know they arrived safely.

That's going to be awesome Mike (and not just because it makes more work for me LOL).

Keep in mind, too, that I can EASILY change the color on that adapter plate for you if you want to do something more color-coordinated to make it all tie in -- unless you're going for that patriotic look? If you decide to go with a different color on the adapter, just toss it in the box with the other parts and I'll do it up however you like.

I'll give you a call when the parts get here to let you know they arrived safely.

Thank you leanna, And I will get a rebuild kit and send it with the adapter, breather and carb. I am leaning toward chrome so the /engine can be all the red you can see. and the right side as looking in under the hood is modified beauty, and one of a kind air receiving system that we did :-D

So it will be Monday Tuesday getting it in the mail to ya. Thank you both Billy and leanna.

Sweet!! I bet that 170 will be a lot of fun when you get it all hopped up:twisted:!

TF

Heck :-D I am going for gas milage :cheers:
First 2 1/4'' new exhaust before anything to a new muffler and exit 2'' tail pipe.
I am shopping around for a good competitive price dun right.

I cant wait to see it when Leanna and Billy get finished with it. I absolutely LOVE the look of that old breather! Vintage and badass all in 1 !!

AWESOME FIND MEMIKE!!!

Here is what I would do! Paint the engine Mopar red, paint the intake red and go red on the Offy breather too! Then sand off the red paint from the Offy lettering on the intake and the breather, the sleeper look would be cool! I would also go with the factory "green" finish on that Holley carb IMO. Chrome plating the factory valve cover would look cool too, the have the breather match! I would also have the carb adapter plate done in a color to match the intake. :-D

Or you could just sell me the Offy breather, I could find a nice home up here in MN for it!! :toothy10:

-
Back