Friend passed Saturday

-
Thank you everyone. To hear that others have dealt with a similar loss is comforting, if only in a strange way, that we are not alone.

After my dad passed all of those years ago, I read some of his writings during his illness, and the one that stood out the most was:
"Man has failed man."
Take your own meaning from it if you will.

As I recall, she was diagnosed in August 2009, (1 of less than 100 cases in the US), and free of it in August 2010.
Greg was diagnosed in April of 2010, free of it in June 2010, and diagnosed again early this year.
It all went so fast.

Here is an excerpt from his obit, I cannot recall another like it- so sad:

During these years, Greg's expertise in the building maintenance field grew and grew. His knowledge of the heating and cooling industry was second to none. He was willing to help anyone, and loved to talk about his experiences in his chosen field. Greg loved cars. His pride and joy was his 1987 Buick Turbo Regal Grand National, which he maintained with precision. He loved skiing at Mad River Glen in Vermont, family get togethers at Hedges Lake, and most of all, spending time with his wife and boys. He was always happy!

To truly honor Greg, he would want you to live the life that he strived for each day, to care about each person with whom you come in contact, to be a friend to children, to make a person's life better if you have the power to do so, to forgive easily, to make a choice each day to be positive-no matter how hard that may be, and to be courageous in the face of overwhelming odds.

Attachments

• kathleenandgreg.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 47
-
Back