From manual to power brakes

-

g413

Reaction score
I've recently seen where many people have wanted to this. I'm referring specifically to the booster back to the pedal. I know that on the engine side of the firewall, a new bracket is required. But what about from the firewall to the brake pedal?

Are the brake pedal lever, linkage, and brackets the same for manual and power brakes, or are they totally different? I have an A-body and a B-body I'm thinking of doing this on.

I just got the booster and master cyl off ebay. Off with the old on with the new, works great.

I reversed what you are doing, The pedal assemblies are the same. You will however need to get a different push rod that goes from the brake pedal to the master cylinder. The power brake push rod is longer.. Or buy a universal adjustable one.. I would just post a wanted ad here on the site for that part itself.

Everything else inside the car stays the same, Its all the components in the engine bay you will need. Also dont forget to find the brackets that help support master cylinder and booster. This helps it from moving around as you push on the brakes and supports the assembly since its a lot of weight hanging there.

-
Back