From start to finish. My 72 Demon build.

-
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm someday mine will be pretty tooooo....

Looks great Jack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-RPM

Thanks for the thread, gives me hope one day my Scamp will be as fine a car as your Demon.
Great job!!

Now THAT looks like a Demon is supposed to look, not that cream coloured thing you showed us at the beginning! Thanks for sharing all that.

Thanks Jack! This thread is inspirational since I'm at the re-assembly stage with mine right now. Your car came out looking fantastic! If you don't mind my asking, what did the body & paint work cost up in your neck of the woods?

Quite the process Jack, but what a final product, you did awesome man. Will you be racing any at Miramichi Dragway this year. I am heading over this coming Sunday First two points meets of the year. One Saturday and one Sunday as the first one was cancelled due to weather. Thanks for the post. I think I'll get back to work on mine after I get this next exam out of the way.

FASTBACK340 said:
Thanks Jack! This thread is inspirational since I'm at the re-assembly stage with mine right now. Your car came out looking fantastic! If you don't mind my asking, what did the body & paint work cost up in your neck of the woods?

John, the body and paint plus the stripes and windshield coame to a total of $3650 Can. I still have to wetsand and buff it myself though. That will come in a few weeks after I get it licensed.

Jack

Scamp71 said:
Thanks for the thread, gives me hope one day my Scamp will be as fine a car as your Demon.
Great job!!

That's what I was hoping for when I made this thread up. I would like everybody to know that even an average schmuck like me can do it.

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
John, the body and paint plus the stripes and windshield coame to a total of $3650 Can. I still have to wetsand and buff it myself though. That will come in a few weeks after I get it licensed.

Jack

Wow.... it cost more than twice that here on Long Island... even in Canadian dollars! :eye:

That's a beautiful car! Congrats...I may pick your brain while helping my son when he starts his '72 Demon! Here is my son's Demon, kind of cool...TB3 with Black Hood stripe but white sidestripes and white tailstripe.

294326.jpg

73roadrunner,
That looks like a real good starting point. Feel free to ask away. I'm no expert, but I will help when I can.

Jack

dang that looks sharp, i enjoyed the progress pictures, and man i can say, sandblasting is a b!tch :lol: i did my engine bay just recently, man that took forever, good luck with the licensing.

You did one hell of a nice job on your Demon Jack! Congrats. on the completion.:thumbup:
When are you gonna start your next project?

Thanks Kev,
The wife and I talked about that very topic at length recently. We covered a wide varity of topics. Will I do another? If I do, what will it be? Will it be for her? How long will it take? How much to spend? Here are some of the answers.
1. If I do one it won't be until the end of next summer.
2. It would be a long term project.
3. Possibly for her. (she wants a beetle) Maybe a Hemi-Dart clone
4. I will do everything myself.
5. Dollar output will be low except for drivetrain.

So as you can see, my mind is really made up. LOL

Jack

-
Back