From the rusty hardware parts department of WTF

-
I remember a day when I got a raise...I went into the garage and threw it all out
All the assorted mixed nuts and bolts

Because I had finally arrived at a point where if I needed a 3/16 bolt, I could run out and buy one

I remember a day when I got a raise...I went into the garage and threw it all out
All the assorted mixed nuts and bolts

Because I had finally arrived at a point where if I needed a 3/16 bolt, I could run out and buy one
That was a mistake. Some of the old stuff you can’t buy or find.

I would never toss any hardware. I love having "scrounge". You just never know when you need just 1 bolt, or washer etc I have pawed through that **** more times than you know, and found what I needed. Sems bolts, clip nuts, you name it. You wont find that **** at a hardware store. Maybe chinese copy junk on evilbay. I ran all my body bolts, nuts and clip nuts through evaporust before sorting them out. Anything that was corroded or cracked got tossed in the scrap bucket.

We had a snow fall coming into Abilene yesterday. Sonny and I hit walmart for some plastic quart sized containers with twist tops. Got the shop heater started and dumped out the bolt box. I started pulling water pump bolts, Sems bolts, Sems nuts, and other mopar oddities that need to be put in other sorted containers. Now I have 1 container with assorted nuts. My lug nuts are ziplock bagged and labelled and in the same container. 1 container with assorted flat and lock washers. And 2 containers with assorted bolts and screws.

My Sems bolts, Sems nuts, misc mopar and engine hardware went into the already sorted containers I had done about a year ago. So we spent several hours out there. Now I just have a small cardboard box that has misc brackets that are car related, all my SAE hardware is in plastic containers.

Maybe the new years eve snowfall is a way of washing away the crappiness that was 2020. One can only hope.

20201231_211152.jpg

20210101_090902.jpg

20210101_090837.jpg

-
Back