-
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsrguy2007

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a bench seat for a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport. I know other years will fit but not sure which ones. I was thinking 70-76 Duster, Demon etc. I prefer Green and something in descent shape. Doesn't have to be perfect but prefer no tears, rips, or gouges out of the seat. A copy of something similar is attached without the tears etc. of course. If you have something please send pics and a price.

Thanks.

Front Seat.jpg

Front Seat 2.jpg

The seat you have although in need of a new set of covers is probably the most sought after bench seat available. Maybe purchase new covers and keep what you have. JMO

The seat you have although in need of a new set of covers is probably the most sought after bench seat available. Maybe purchase new covers and keep what you have. JMO
Thanks for your help. I actually drove 30 miles to take pics of my Dart in storage. These are the actual seats. There are seat covers covering the actual seats that came with the car. It looks like the foam is OK. Can I just remove the two sets of covers and put new seat covers over the old foam? Thanks again for your opinion and help.

Attachments

• Drivers Side seat 2.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • Drivers Side seat.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • Pass side seat.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • Pass side seat 2.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
I just looked at your pictures and noticed that your seat is different, no fold down armrest and it looks like your seat is a 60/40, is the passenger side wider than the driver side?

I just looked at your pictures and noticed that your seat is different, no fold down armrest and it looks like your seat is a 60/40, is the passenger side wider than the driver side?
Yes it is. I think it is a 60/40. I've been looking at Legendary and can't quite find this one.

They had a regular bench seat and the Deluxe Bench with Arm Rest center that had the Bucket Seat Backs, (tops) the arm rest one's are the deluxe bench
Deluxe was part of a package, Deluxe Steering Wheel, Wood Grain on Panels etc.
If you took away the cable shifter (Since I have RMVB) Tach, Export Speedometer, and add on gauges away My car would be just like it came new.
Was low mile 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 Sold new in New Orleans. New it was column shift car ( I still have column) with deluxe interior, fold down rear seat.

DSCN0051.jpg

I saved all the parts I changed in case I wanted to swap back to 100% like it came new.

Last edited:
Note, The pattern is not the same on non Deluxe and Deluxe bench seat bottom.
Each has it's own patterns

They had bench seats and Deluxe Bench with Arm Rest and Bucket Seat Back, (tops)
Deluxe has Deluxe Steering Wheel, Wood Grain on Panels.
If you took away the cable shifter (Since I have RMVB) Tach, Export Speedometer, and add on gauges away My car would be just like it came new.
Was low mile 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 Sold new in New Orleans. New it was column shift car ( I still have column) with deluxe interior, fold down rear seat.

View attachment 1716215911
Ok but do you have a 60/40 seat in your car ???? I am guessing no because you have an armrest in the center.

B88EA46F-89AE-44CA-B885-75902BC4A935.jpeg

2CE036E5-458A-4DC4-8776-BFAD51BA497E.jpeg

This is what I have for my ‘74 Dart Sport.

They had bench seats and Deluxe Bench with Arm Rest and Bucket Seat Back, (tops)
Deluxe has Deluxe Steering Wheel, Wood Grain on Panels.

View attachment 1716215911
Very nice!

Yes it is. I think it is a 60/40. I've been looking at Legendary and can't quite find this one.
If the frames and foam are in good shape give Legandary a call but measure the seat widths to see if they are the same first it might just be an optical illusion in the picture. Also ask for a catalog to see the different styles to make sure you get what you want.

I need to pull out my hardback 1973 Dodge Dealer Showroom Sales book.
It has the whole line of 1973 cars, real material samples and paint colors ect in it.
I think just Plain and Deluxe Bench were available no 60/40. But has been some time since I looked at it.

If the frames and foam are in good shape give Legandary a call but measure the seat widths to see if they are the same first it might just be an optical illusion in the picture. Also ask for a catalog to see the different styles to make sure you get what you want.
Ok. I'll do that.

I believe I may have one that we pulled out of a Dart sport and put in a 72 Duster.
I will take a look tomorrow.

You can use find, a cheap electric carving knife and contact glue to repair foam cushions. I find that way best a low cost fixes. Cover with a layer of cotton.
That's how shops do it but thet use a wire cutter to shape foam.
Crazy as it seems now, in late 70s and 80s I was poor and just as creative as I am now.
I would take a tape measure to junkyard find a car with nice buckets in velour. And close in inches back seat.
But um cheap. Put just the cover on my cars rear seat and carpet the floor with left over plush carpet from work close in color.
Tint the windows matching color tint.
Looked like a high dollar 80s velour custom job.
My B5 1970 slant six Duster has medium blue velour guts done that way. Added a 833 4 Speed and pedals, hump from a Demon 340 But used I think a slant bell house from truck. So needed new carpet and buckets.
Plush house carpet was free since that was my job then.
And I was polishing aluminium back then too so had used refinished by me slot wheels on non radial BFG (belted) tires
I dig your Plaid seat material on pictures seats

Last edited:
You can use fine, a electric carving knife and contact glue to repair foam cushions. Cover with a layer of cotton.
That's how shops do it but thet use a wire cutter to shape foam.
Crazy as it seems now, in late 70s and 80s I was poor and just as creative as I am now.
I would take a tape measure to junkyard find a car with nice buckets in velour. And close in inches back seat.
But um cheap. Put just the cover on my cars rear seat and carpet the floor with left over plush carpet from work close in color.
Tint the windows matching color tint.
Looked like a high dollar 80s velour custom job.
My B5 1970 slant six Duster has medium blue velour guts done that way. Added a 833 4 Speed and pedals, hump from a Demon 340 But used I think a slant bell house from truck. So needed new carpet and buckets.
Plush house carpet was free since that was my job then.
And I was polishing aluminium back then too so had used refinished by me slot wheels on non radial BFG (belted) tires
I dig your Plaid seat material on pictures seats
Good information and thanks on the seats.

Here is the seat I have.
Excuse the dust

E7E72DD7-5A47-475E-B9EF-13CA08B27568.jpeg

56DA01FD-47BD-43C4-BA25-2892A673BB63.jpeg

F97CA259-8DDB-4AB6-A350-D2E580FCECE9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back