Front Bench Seat Removal

-

TinyValiant74

Reaction score
Ok maybe i'm just blind or stupid, could be that I'm both. But I spent all day today ripping out huge chunks of old carpet and **** from Maxine (74 Valiant) and I finally got down to the front bucket seats and I can't for the life of me find the damn bolts to pull them out. Short of cutting the seats to ribbons with my shop machete and looking for the bolts again with less seat in the way I was wondering if you guys could lend some insight as to how in the hell I'm supposed to do this it would be much appreciated. I know it's a rudementary procedure but it's my first time ever doing any in depth interior work.

P.S. I keep finding this gummy crap on the metal under the carpet that looks like a pile of cooled liquid metal with paint on it, but i can pry off chunks of it with my kinfe i'm guessing this is old adheasive. would it be okay for me to scrape it off with a razor blade?

like I said, i'm new at this.

There should be 4 bolts or studs with nuts that hold the seat frame to the floor, 2 on each seat track. You need to get under the car to get these out. You may need to scape old undercoating or grime off to see them. :thumbup:

see that's exactly what I wasn't sure about, I figured that the undercoating was there for a reason but i guess i'm just stupid.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

i'ma go not be stupid anymore.

-
Back