Front brake question

-

Demon Skinner

Reaction score
I've been reading through many of the archives and because I'm new to Mopars, I would like to ask some questions on possible disk conversions.

I own a 1971 Demon with 10 inch drum brake both front and rear. I want to do a cheap front disk conversion. Right now I might have the spindles and calipers from a 1975 Coronet stationwagon. I might be able to get the a-arms from this 75 coronet. I also might be able to get my hands on the front disk brake setup from a 1973 Cuda.

Does anyone know if either of these brake setups work on my Demon? If one of these would work what parts would I need to change out?

We are looking for a later A-body disk brakes for the easy switch, but right now these are my choices and I'm wondering if either would work and what it would entail.

The information on this site is really informative. Thanks. Feel free to elaborate on any suggestions you might have about my brakes. I am just starting to learn about these things. I have read the Disc-O-Tech site.

Tim

The spindles/calipers/rotors/proportioning valve from the 75 will work. But you NEED the A body, 73+ UCAs. You can't used the B body ones. The spindle will be 1/2 taller, but in practice, you won't notice a difference.

UCAs are the key in this swap.

-
Back