front clip change

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
what does it take to make a 71 dart front end look like a 72 scamp front end? i like both but the scamp just a little more. i thought there was a thread here somewhere but cannot find it. tia.

Front fenders, hood, hood latch support, grille, bumper, bumper brackets, and bumper fill panel.

Basically if it’s a body panel in front of the doors and it unbolts you need it.

Last edited:
You can also search “front clip swap” and my username, it’ll pop up a bunch of previous threads on front clip swaps. Most are also 73+ cars to 67-72 cars, which can add a couple of additional snags.

But it’s really pretty straightforward, it’s all the body panels in front of the doors.

You’re doing the reverse of what I did basically.
IMG_9945.jpeg

IMG_1717.jpeg

Changed my 73’Dart front end to a 72’.
I would add that even though every thing pretty much bolts on. I’ve never been able to get the body gaps were I’d like them to be.

Changed my 73’Dart front end to a 72’.
I would add that even though every thing pretty much bolts on. I’ve never been able to get the body gaps were I’d like them to be.

That’s not really an issue with the front clip swap per se though. All these things have production tolerances, it’s just part of the gig.

I didn’t have any issues with the ‘71 bodywork on my ‘74, the gaps aren’t better or worse than before. Not exactly the same either I’m sure, but not better or worse on the whole.

-
Back