Front Drum - 727 Pump/Stator Support Question

-

mopowers

Reaction score
(1) Does anyone make a billet steel front drum that's compatible with a 70-older pump/stator support, or do they all use the wider bushing?

(2) In a 70-older 727 TF, can one simply replace the pump/stator support with one from a 71-newer 727 TF in order to utilize a 'wide bushing' drum?

Thanks!

5848326-Reaction_supports2.jpg

Last edited:
You can interchange pump stators and drums provided you use a stator with the same sized sealing ring bore and only one stator checkball on the gear side. You can also use a narrow bushing in a wide bushing drum though it would be advantageous to convert the stator and use the wide bushing drum instead. I believe A&A makes the drum you are looking for.

Yes, but the early one ball stator is what you are after, the two ball is for the later non lockup and requires the matching input drum with third sealing ring while the three ball is for lockup only.

Yes, but the early one ball stator is what you are after, the two ball is for the later non lockup and requires the matching input drum with third sealing ring while the three ball is for lockup only.

Do you know what years came with the 1-ball stator? I was told to look for a 71-up unit since it has the wider bushing and the new billet steel drum I'm buying is made for the wider bushing.

-
Back