Front Drum Replacement Help! Duster 340

-

SgtLee511

Reaction score
1972 Duster 340 4 inch wheel, heres the problem. Where can I purchase the Drum with the hub, Oreillys auto tried to sell me a drum with no hub,,,,,,I need to get this car back on road, and I took my old ones and put it on a flip Im working.. The Drum has no hub in which they ordered for me? I am talking front drums....

they dont make new hubs any more. i bought a used set off fabo. another reason to do the disc brake swap

Yea Im old school afraid of that, I sold my disc setup to stay with drums LOL a year ago.so best bet parts wanted, gotcha. Thanks

See if you can find a shop with a swedge (swage) cutter, or buy one yourself

ST-437-500-562.jpg

Rusty claims that......

.................If you drive the studs out without either cutting the swaged part off, or drilling the hole as noted here, the swaged part of the stud will enlarge the stud holes making the hub scrap metal. This method outlined here works, but I prefer using a 5/8" metal cutting hole saw. Fits right over the stud and cuts the swaged area right off, releasing the drum and allowing you to drive the stud out without damage to the hub. If you've just beaten the studs out and have been able to replace them where they stay in place, trust me, you just got lucky.

I didn't post the rest of the thread this came from because the "how to" photos are MIA

-
Back