[WANTED] Front Dutra dual For/6

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

philip's66

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for the front a Dutra Slant six Exhaust Manifold. If anyone has one they no longer need please let me know.

an Australian company bought his stock of them and are noW casting them in OZ in case you can’t find one.

Thanks,I found them under Aussie speed .But I was hoping someone may be able to help before I go that route. i'm not in a hurry .

The good thing about the Aussie parts is they are finish casting them. In other words very little or no machining necessary, whereas before, you had to do all kinds of finish grinding and machining. ....in case you have to go that route.

The good thing about the Aussie parts is they are finish casting them. In other words very little or no machining necessary, whereas before, you had to do all kinds of finish grinding and machining. ....in case you have to go that route.
Thanks ,that is good to know. I may have to get it thru them . We'll see.

Thanks ,that is good to know. I may have to get it thru them . We'll see.

Hopefully not....but you know how slant stuff is. Only a select few want it so that cuts the population down and makes it even harder to find. I caint remember who it was, but somebody on here determined that one of the GM V6 engines exhaust manifolds was close enough to work......I'm thinkin it was @waggin . I tagged him so maybe he'll chime in and tell me if I'm crazy or not.

This is why i am so glad I found this forum, what a wealth of information and help we have available . helps me to believe there is still hope for the human Race:usflag:

Hopefully not....but you know how slant stuff is. Only a select few want it so that cuts the population down and makes it even harder to find. I caint remember who it was, but somebody on here determined that one of the GM V6 engines exhaust manifolds was close enough to work......I'm thinkin it was @waggin . I tagged him so maybe he'll chime in and tell me if I'm crazy or not.
I CUT A GM 305 MANIFOLD TO GET THE DOWN SPOUT AND MIG WELD IT TO AN EARLY SLANT SINGLE RIB EXHAUST MANIFOLD, CANT SEEM TO WELD THE TWO RIB STYLE, MEMIKE PROBABLY HAS PICTURES OF THE FINISHED ONES I SENT HIM

I CUT A GM 305 MANIFOLD TO GET THE DOWN SPOUT AND MIG WELD IT TO AN EARLY SLANT SINGLE RIB EXHAUST MANIFOLD, CANT SEEM TO WELD THE TWO RIB STYLE, MEMIKE PROBABLY HAS PICTURES OF THE FINISHED ONES I SENT HIM

Thanks, Curtis. I couldn't remember what the details were. Hope you're doin ok man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back