Front E-Brake Cable

-

440plus6

Reaction score
I have a 73 Dart Sport that I'm looking at replacing the e-brake cable on. I'm concerned bout the front cable (the one from the cabin through the firewall) feeding under the floor pan. The manual essentially says that the new cable just feeds back under the floor pan. However, starting to pull the old cable, it doesn't feel like it's going to come through that easy. Before I pull the old cable out, I'm looking for feedback from folks that have done this. Does the new cable really feed through that easy? Are there any tricks to help it along?
Thanks FABO.
Foster.

Got that, thanks. I'm concerned with getting the cable to feed under the floor pan without a problem. I will attach a feed line on the end of the old cable when pulling it out to help pull the new cable through. But, since it will be totally blind under the floor plan, I want to ensure there's not something evil lurking under there that will prevent feeding the new cable through. The manual just says to feed it through like there should be no problem, I just want to see what real world experience has been.

As I feared, there is something going on where the cable goes through the frame rail under the floor pan. There must be a tight turn or some sort of restriction that resists the cable being pulled through. I've managed to get the cable housing stuck in there and now have to figure out how to get it free.

-
Back