front end and disc brakes coming

-

B Taylor

Reaction score
Well I ordered the front end rebuild kit and about to order the Pirate Jack disc brake kit too. I plan to rebuild and repaint the entire front end suspension as I go. Also will reinforce the lower control arms.
I will do my best to photo and document the rebuild.

Sounds Good keep us informed. I might try the Pirate Jack approach also. To cold to even go outside here at present.

barracudadave67

Here's mine before & after. Went with all Doctor Diff parts. Off the car is so much easier. Every thing is powder coated.

20170430_134016.jpg

20170530_131147.jpg

20170704_220758.jpg

We just did the same with Jason's car. And we agree, so much easier off the car.

We used 1974 Challenger disk brakes, and a v8 centerlink.

Good luck with your build.

Be warned that sometimes urathane strut rod bushings mess with the lower control arm urathane bushings. It's detailed in our build thread and other places on FABO.

Eric and Jason

IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_3231.JPG
IMG_3242.JPG
IMG_3271.JPG
IMG_3308.JPG
IMG_3309.JPG
IMG_3310.JPG
IMG_3367.JPG
IMG_3369.JPG
IMG_3370.JPG

MBM makes the brake kits. And sells them under their in house name Pirate Jack

We just did the same with Jason's car. And we agree, so much easier off the car.

We used 1974 Challenger disk brakes, and a v8 centerlink.

Good luck with your build.

Be warned that sometimes urathane strut rod bushings mess with the lower control arm urathane bushings. It's detailed in our build thread and other places on FABO.

Eric and Jason

Those shocks sure would look good on my car. If you don't like them let me know.....:p:p

Those shocks sure would look good on my car. If you don't like them let me know.....:p:p

And the best part is they came with the car! Fool went out and bought $600 worth of adjustable shocks (yeah, we have the rears also, lol) for a car with worn out factory suspension, stock 318, and peg leg 7.25 axle. Lol

-
Back