Front end drops

-

thomasjkt

Reaction score
Ok call me crazy but I raise the torsion bars on my 72 Demon take it up the road and I have to raise it again, I did this a couple times then it seemed ok until yesterday when I jacked up the front end to check starter cable, I left the car down took it up the road and guess what? Yep! Had to raise the torsion bars. How far should these bolts be ran up? Mine has about 3/4" of threads left before they are bottomed out.

I think the freaking passenger side torsion bar is from a 6 cylinder, number on it is 888 the one on driver side is 891

I think the freaking passenger side torsion bar is from a 6 cylinder, number on it is 888 the one on driver side is 891

i have a 73 slant duster with a V8 and 727 that i dropped in without touching the suspension. i can get after the 40 year torsion bars and lift the front pretty high and it stays there. the car has 80,000 miles on it. maybe they are getting soft on you, i dont know.

I'm constantly adjusting my torsion bars, you know - motor in, motor out, I want it higher, I want it lower, leveling the SS springs and etc.. I've seen the same phenomenom once set for a specific condition and it has bugged me over the years. If I leave them alone though it settles to a constant height. I've always assumed it's the bushings adjusting to the new twist setting or something. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

-
Back