front end kits

-

dartfever

Reaction score
I rebuilding the front end on my dart. Was wondering what experiences people have had with the just suspension and PST kits. Were they high quality products? I had everything priced out with Moog parts and it was outrageous!!
Thanks

My Mopar Action mag. has a Mancini Racing ad,and Pst. The Moog from Mancini,is $289,($40 more than PST's polygraphite,$90 more than oem.). IMO,I'd spend the extra,and get Moog. That's just me. (Also,PST's,says most models,so who knows about a-bodies,without confirming?)

i like PSC out of arizona. they ship you the stuff quick, and take care of you.

Dart Fever,

I see you're from Belmont. I got all the Moog stuff from the Canadian Tire on Dundas St in London for about $300 IIRC. For example I paid each $46 for LBJ's (regular $65). Watch the back page of the flyer and wait until they have a sale. Talk to John Aristone.

I double checked to see what I paid. I was off a little. It was more like $450. Below is the list.

Part Manufacturer Supplier reg price price paid

Upper BJ ('76 Dart) Moog CTC Dundas $20 $40
Lower BJ ('76 Dart) Moog CTC Dundas $64 $46
Inner Tie Rod (C body) Moog CTC Dundas $31 $31
Outer tie rod (C body) Moog CTC Dundas $31 $31
tie rod sleeves (11/16"-18) Moog CTC Dundas $23 $23
Strut Rod bushing kit (p/n K-7040) Moog CTC Dundas $40 $40
LCA bushings (p/n K-791) Moog CTC Dundas $10 $10
UCA bushings (K-7103) Moog CTC Dundas $48 $48

The Mancini ad says Moog parts. All above in parts list $289. (Go to Mancini online-$249) Friend of mine,worked as a front end man in a shop for years,thinks TRW now owns Moog. Not sure on that. Could be reason one says Moog,other TRW.

Moog is owned by TRW, so the parts are the same.

I'm in the middle of installing the kit from mancini now will let ya know how well it works,also putting there front sway bar kit in along with it.

Yeah some of the above parts came in Moog boxes and others in TRW boxes so I'm sure they're the same.

Prices above are Canadian dollars and there is no shipping. I do like Mancini too though.

Heck I'll drive to Mancini's to pick the stuff up. They confirmed the stuff is Moog. Going to try one more place up here, but I think I will end up going to Mancini.

Mancini is great!!!

I have ordered a few things front them and never had a problem. They are a little slow answering emails so the best things to do would be calling them.

I've ordered the front end kits from PST and Performance Suspension at different times and their stuff is pretty good and their prices are not that bad - better than buying the stuff individually at your local parts store. Shipping time to California isn't that bad either. They both due different kits for different Mopar's as my dad and I have rebuilt front end's for friends cars as well as my 69 Barracuda. One time we were looking for some parts for an early 60's Imperial, and both PST and Performance Suspension were out of stock - I think one of them told my dad the one of them makes and sells the parts, and the other one is just a distributor. I'm not sure which one is which anymore as it was a couple of years ago.
I haven't bought a front end rebuild kit from Mancini, so I can't speak as to their parts. However, I have bought the tools from American Racing from Mancini - ball joint socket and the torsion bar removal kit and they made it a much easier job - especially the ball joint socket!

David

Have all the parts home, unfortunately they sent the wrong upper ball joints but I can deal with that. My question is about the strut rod bushing kit. Every manual I have looked in says there should be a sleeve to replace also. There definitely wasn't one in there when it came apart. So my question is, do I throw it back together without the sleeve or find a sleeve somewhere?

There is a sleeve in my '73 K-member. It stayed in the K-Frame when I pulled the strut rods out.

You guys ROCK!

Just a quick question. Have a 68 Dart, 42,000 original miles. I'm dropping a 360 in, replacing the 225 /6. Because I'm having such a hard time locating spindles to upgrade the 9" drums, I was planning on trying the wilwood upgrade kits.

My question, will the 9" drum spindles handle the stresses of high speed stops? I'm not sure, and definately don't want to drop a wheel when she's cooking down the strip :)

Any advice? I've exhausted all the salvage yards here in Philly, but no spindles available for 73-76 A body. Any ideas?

Thanks

Pat

I purchased a kit from PST i would not recomend them i had to return a bad lower ball joint they tied me up for a good week and a half, i think i could have done better just going to advance auto they use trw parts and they were pretty cheap,

-
Back