front end parts interchange question

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Since I am still new to the whole A body thing, only having built Jakes 65 the last 2.5 years and not swapping any front endparts........ I have a question about the front end under my 68 B'cuda....

What I know: I have picked up a complete front disc set up from a 73 Swinger -upper arms, spindles, calipers, rotors, and a busted knuckle when removing it all from the donor car. I know it will all be a direct bolt in. I even have the prop valve, booster and master, firewall bracket and rod/linkage all the way to the brake pedal from the Swinger...

What I think I know: When I order my front end parts - ball joints, tie rods, Control arm bushings, idler arm, pitman arm..... Since I'm doing the full conversion I can just order everthing for a 73 Swinger as a kit if I choose to go that way, eh? Or do I still need 68 lower ball joints to fit myoriginal lower arms?

As always, thanks in advance for the info and answers....

Wow, you got lots of questions to be answered, but i ain't doin nuthin at the moment, so i guess i can do the deed, and answer.
1. Ball joints, Uppers & Lowers for 73-76 A Body cars
2. Tie Rods. The ones for your existing car.
3. Control arm bushings. Upper's and Lower's. All the same for any A body car 62-76
4. Idler arm, pitman arm. For your existing car, and crossmember. (k frame)

Well I, for one fine sir, appreciate the info!

Me too!!! I was wondering this same thing for when I swap my Duster to BBP!!
And I'll add a question...

Hemi you meantioned you use the idler and pitman arms for the car/k member... So what if I swap in a 73+ k member? Still use the stuff for the current car?

-
Back