Front end rebuild with great alignment and balance

-

WV64Signet

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
OK... seeking input from the Hive Mind

1964 Plymouth Valiant

Disc brake conversion is planned for this winter... as I will have the front suspension pulled apart I have (on hand) the @PST front end kit.

The car has perfect balance and alignment while driving

How do I minimize the change and work to maintain the level of alignment while going through the upgrade?

Thanks guys..and ladies

That's a good question.. you can take some pics/ measurements/ but I'm not thinking an alignment will hold,once you start swapping parts. Almost all alignment shops suck anymore, so I see your reasoning

Measure measure measure.

Also find a reliably shop and find out what the alignment specs are now and that will help you duplicate the alignment down the road.

Measure measure measure.

Also find a reliably shop and find out what the alignment specs are now and that will help you duplicate the alignment down the road.

This ^^^^ finding a reliable shop part is hard. The smaller shops IMO have veterans that know earlier suspensions.

I prefer to do it my self with strings and jack stands!

This ^^^^ finding a reliable shop part is hard. The smaller shops IMO have veterans that know earlier suspensions.

I prefer to do it my self with strings and jack stands!

So photos and measurements should be both normal and suspended on jack stands...

So photos and measurements should be both normal and suspended on jack stands...

Measurements at "Ride Height" to include tie rod assembly lengths and ride Hight as measured per the Manual! Or if you like.

The bottom of the adjusting blade to level surface as one measurement and the lowest point of the knuckle Arm to surface as the other! Subtract the lesser from higher and generally is 1/8 inch as specified

If not record that offset to return it to were it currently is!

I use Jack stands as tie points for strings from front to back. A level floor is a must to set toe! Google the process!

-
Back