Front fender emblem

-

Z-dart

Reaction score
Anybody tell me what year A-bodies had the Chrysler star emblem down low on front fender right behind tire ?

Any more on input , someone with more exact years , I know 73 darts don't have them !

Ok let's trace it back , anybody with a 72 dart that has a pic of this fender emblem ?

72 has them here's an old pic and believe me no one ever touched or painted this car. I also have pics of them on 73's

Attachments

• scan0012.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 144
  • scan0011.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 149
:newb:I know my 73 dart swinger never had them , the duster I'm not sure that 72 does have them , but is it a 72 ? 72 darts was the last year for vent windows , and that pic has no vent windows ! This might be another forum ? Sorry just learning my mopars !

My 72 with original fender has it. The later ones were the plastic style with the metal outer piece pressed on. 72 was the last year, but I don't know that ALL 72's got them, it may have been a mid-year thing. Mine is an early 72 build (built in 71).

My 72 Demon has the pentastar, but it was an early build 8/71. There's another thread on this around somewhere too. I'll post back if I find it.....

OK, let's hear the story behind these pictures!!!

I needed to get it out of where it was at once and it was what I had there.

You should have saw the looks I got going up the 4 lane highway. The tarp straps were put on for safety LOL. The chain and come-a-long was what held it on.

My freind and I put our hands over the chains as if we were holding it down.

Those were the days. If you guys would ever sit here with us old guys and BS . You would die laughing. We use to jump B bodies like the Duke boys just for fun. I once had to take the tips off the RR just to get it refired because they got squashed shut.

Or how far you can jump into a corn field before taking down the corn. The winner. My dads 62 plymouth sport fury. Or crossing the river in this 66 Sport Satelilte 4x4 never made the other side . He never left his keys in his car again.

Attachments

• 4x4%20sat[1].jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 96
My '72 Swinger has 'em from the factory. I'm pretty sure I've seen them through the late 70's on several Mopars, and I know through the 80's, and 90's, even on MitsuMopars.

I think it's a "what plant was it made at" thing. My 1996 Plymouth Neon (Made with pride in Belvidere) had one.

-
Back