[WANTED] Front fender

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
They dont fit

Arent the same side marker as a 70,71 and grill support arent the same either !

Thanks

If you ever see something else!

70-71-72-73 Are all different, Not one year is the same. Some may say 70-71 are the same. They are not. I fix and make fenders to fit different years .They can all be made to fit with some metal work.

DSCN1500.JPG

DSCN1509.JPG

DSCN1510.JPG

DSCN1504.JPG

Here is the difference between 70 early 70 late and then 71

70 early take different length plastic head light rim grommets the headlight section of the fender is the same as 69. You can see the fender is 1/4 inch shorter on late 70 and all 71. You can use both but the grommets for 69 must be used for early 70. It just so happens the red duster I am stripping has on of each . I put the early 70 next to the 71 and put a tape measure at the area.

Also neither early or late 1970 fenders have the hood pin access hole to use the nut with the factory nut holder for adjustment access. 70 Dusters never came with hood pins. never! If you see one with them on they were added after purchace.

On the last picture of the 71 fender being repaired you can see right where the hole has to be drilled for the hood pin.

Many throw fenders away or put holes in the fender to pop out the front of the fender on Dusters and other cars. if you take them apart they are all easy fixes without drilling holes for a dent puller and usually very little Putty. Most of the time just primer filler. the marker light detents are also very easy to remove or add.

I never throw fenders away they are like a parts vehicles loaded with things you can use to fix another one. On the last picture for every one facing out there is one facing in. Duster Demon fenders always have a home here no matter how bad they are.

DSCN1617.JPG

DSCN1618.JPG

DSCN1623.JPG

DSCN1625.JPG

steve 339.jpg

DSCN1509.JPG

The special nut for the hood pin that sticks out of the square hole to install and hold the nut when tightening seen in this copied photo

a1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back