Front Shock Recommendation

-

jagsdtc

jagsdtc
Reaction score
Hey all!
I want to replace my front shocks on my 68 Cuda notchback. Any suggestions on one you like. I will only be driving it on streets and interstates (not drag racing it) so want something that will handle well on the original suspension.

I am considering air shocks for th rear to give a little rake to it (that I may need to clear the 10"cragars.

Also, if you have some shodks you no longer want or need, I would consider purchasing as well.

Thanks and I look forward to your suggestions!
JG

Hey all!
I want to replace my front shocks on my 68 Cuda notchback. Any suggestions on one you like. I will only be driving it on streets and interstates (not drag racing it) so want something that will handle well on the original suspension.

I am considering air shocks for th rear to give a little rake to it (that I may need to clear the 10"cragars.

Also, if you have some shodks you no longer want or need, I would consider purchasing as well.

Thanks and I look forward to your suggestions!
JG

First choice for me......KYB'S.
Monroe's also make a very good shock.
These two choices will be the best bang for your buck.
Yes there are more expensive choices out there.
But are they necessary for what you want to do?

Air shocks are a disaster waiting to happen. Just say no !
Raise the back with new leaf springs.

What Johnny said especially the air shocks NO NO NO . Get the leaf springs and I use the stock shocks with a great ride and control .

I've always run and been happy with the Monroe Matic gas shocks on all four corners.

-
Back