Front Suspension Upgrade

-

Harpo

Reaction score
'64 Barracuda, Gen 3 Hemi, Tremec 6sp, 8.75 rear. Doing the torsion bar delete, converting to coil-overs, Mustang II spindles, rack & pinion steering. Question: What brake rotor/caliper works on those spindles. The OE Mustang/Pinto are 9.25" OD, even the ones with 5x4.5 BC.

I’ve seen a number of disk brake kits for Mustang II spindles. Everything from Wilwood to Speedway. Are you using an after market coilover K frame or building your own?

granada with metric calipers is probably the most popular and least expensive choice. after that it's mild to wild in the aftermarket segment. watch carefully because a lot of those are 4.75" bolt (or metric equivalent).

ultimately it's going to come down to what wheels your want to run in that the rotor/brake setups favor larger diameter rims, so keep that in mind as well.

what coil over set up are you going with?

Can also contact Wilwood and tell them what rotor your using and can give you the parts you need.

granada with metric calipers is probably the most popular and least expensive choice. after that it's mild to wild in the aftermarket segment. watch carefully because a lot of those are 4.75" bolt (or metric equivalent).

ultimately it's going to come down to what wheels your want to run in that the rotor/brake setups favor larger diameter rims, so keep that in mind as well.

what coil over set up are you going with?
Using the torsion bar delete kit from Hemi Denny. Want to keep a 15/16" wheel on front. I see Speedway has a nice kit and lists part #s so I might try to sort out the parts I need from them. Already have QA1 upper/lower control arms plus early CAP style cross member. Will check out Grenada parts, too. Many Thanks for the advice!

Using the torsion bar delete kit from Hemi Denny. Want to keep a 15/16" wheel on front. I see Speedway has a nice kit and lists part #s so I might try to sort out the parts I need from them. Already have QA1 upper/lower control arms plus early CAP style cross member. Will check out Grenada parts, too. Many Thanks for the advice!
I am just curious. You have the Hemi Denny torsion bar delete. What spindles are you using? I have his torsion bar delete kit on my 65 dart. It uses stock spindles. I have a Gerst/qa1 on my other 65 dart. It uses mustang 2 spindles.

-
Back