Front Suspension

-

ahlberg

Reaction score
Hi Im just about to finish the underneath of my 68 barracuda, Im almost ready to order the front suspension. Its a street/strip if it matters. JUST SUSPENSION, PST...... whos the best to go with?

Thanks, Colton

You are on the right track,another supplier is ESPO springs and things.
www.espo.com

I believe they are all about the same,i guess it comes down to price.I believe I ended up getting mine from pst,it has been a while.

I have heard of others going to there local auto supplier and putting together a package price for a Moog kit.Moog has a offset bushing that is suppose to help with I believe caster.

Anyways you are on the right track,comes down to $.

I would recomend that you stay away from the poly or polygraphite bushings and stick with rubber. There is no noticable improvement in handling and even the polygraphite ones will squeak. I put them in my 68 and it squeaked so bade I was embarassed to drive into a cruise night with it. The squeaking came from the strut rod bushings so I swapped them back to rubber with in a couple of months.

I believe that folks that report an improvement in handling are going from a tapped out rubber suspension to a new one with the poly bushings. In my case I had relatively new rubber and went to poly because I was swapping to a 73+ front end as part of a v8 and disk brake swap.

Agree with Dave on the poly,went with rubber myself.Will probably rebuild again in 20 yrs. :)

got mine from Mancini. If you have a combo part 72 or earlier and part 73 and up, these guys know which questions to ask, and what to get you. It's all moog rubber btw.

In my opinion there may be a slight difference in poly and rubber bushings when it comes to handling. Heard people say poly does and doesnt squeak. Rubber the same way. Just depends on the cash you want to spend.

When it comes to whos best at suspension, call them up and talk to them. Check out the prices, customer services, warrentys and such.

Also has anyone heard of this DEL-A-Lum bushings?

I noticed a difference going from newer (couple years old) rubber to the poly suspension, but then I am into "spirited driving" in the first place. Although I prefer the oem rubber for overall ride quality. Also the lower control arm bushings in poly are crap, and even my polygraphites squeek slightly (not enough to bother me and I dont drive it in the winter when the cold seems to make it worse). I would stick to rubber for overall street use and leave the polies to the guys who are really into slalom, autocross, or maybe even drifting.

if you do decide on poly, at least use a bit extra lube when installing them. also, always make sure that you tighten the upper and lower control arm and strut rod bushings with the weight of the car on them, not up in the air. this preloads the bushings and can make them squeak more sometimes. just as kraby says, i have heard the same about the poly lca bushings not holding up or something along those lines.

-
Back