Front Suspension

-

mopar4eva

Reaction score
I bought the whole disc brake conversion kit ( front and rear) for my 68 dart from right stuff. My question is what other bushings or parts should I replace while the front is a part ?

Well, what kind of shape is it in? If you don't know when the ball joints were replaced (for instance), might as well buckle down and do everything. Bushings, shocks, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, strut rod bushings.

Might as well rebuild the entire front end. Upper/lower bushings and ball joints, tie rods and idler arm. That pretty much it for the front (unless you wanna do the torsion bars/torsion bar boots).

The pitman arm is attached to the steering box and to used to "move" suspension. The Idler arm is the part on the pass side of k frame and is bolt to said k frame.

What's the difference between idler arm and pitman arm ?

I always got confused between the 2. Way I keep it straight...idler arm "idles" in the sense it has no "power".
Whereas the pitman arm is "powered" by steering box.

OP, weld stiffening plates to lower control arm. PST has them for $15/pr

I just went ahead and ordered it......don't want to do it later after tearing the front end apart once....how do you feel about the weld stiffening plates ?

its a good upgrade same with 1" torsion bars and a set of good shocks.

-
Back