Front Suspension?

-

OiiiiiiO

Reaction score
are there any tricks that can be done on an a body front end suspension w/bblk for racing besides using 90/10 shocks ??? rear is an old days setup ss/ springs and 50/50 shocks. any ideas ? thank you

are there any tricks that can be done on an a body front end suspension w/bblk for racing besides using 90/10 shocks ??? rear is an old days setup ss/ springs and 50/50 shocks. any ideas ? thank you

/6 t-bars and 0º toe-in are old school tricks. Tubular control arms are probably lighter than the factory pieces. Ditto for some cross-drilled disk rotors.

I have known one guy who ran drums on the front who drilled them. (Rationale for running drums on front was that springs pull back shoes from the drum lessening drag.) Make sure not to hit the friction surface.

One thing we use to do is at one end of the upper control arm bushings, we would grind of the little lines so this part of the bushing is now smooth, and then add some greasse is so the upper control arm would 'float' up and down with ease.
Of course this is if you are running a stock type control arms and I don't think this would be good for a street car.

If you really wanna get old school, get out the drill and swiss cheese it :thumblef: worked in the old days it's gotta be safe right? LOL. somebody already said /6 T bars so I got nothin except obviously no front sway bar.

I've wondered about cutting down the bumpstops to get a little more droop out of the front suspension. Anyone done that?

I've seen the Mr Gasket shock extensions. I know you'd have to reduce/remove the bumpstops to use those.

Steve

-
Back