Front Sway Bars

-
That's what mine are I think - Addco! Yes, the L front mount is not-good, and had to fab an extention piece that a welder friend of mine welded to the 'L', so that now both bolts that previously held on the orignal bar mount, hold on this one. Also cut off a couple inches off the rear axle mount so it wouls not hang down. I do like the look of a couple different bars I see posted here.

But no one answered my ques about rear-mounting the calipers.

~Bill

PS: Why would you think that sitting on the leaf springs would de-arch them? d;oP

Revhendo said:
I got my sway bar off of E-bay. Still paid close to 140 for it with shipping. I think it is an Addco unit, but there was no names on it. I am not happy with the mounting on the K-frame. It uses an "L" bracket that mounts the swaybar bracket in an upright position instead of horizontal to the ground. I will be breaking out the welder and solidifying the mount when I put in my subframe connectors. As far as performance goes... I say, don't leave home without it. The car handles extremely well now. I also added in the .920 bars, poly bushings from Energy Suspension and SS springs in the rear with 2" blocks. (I sat on the springs for six weeks trying to decide if I was going to dearch them or not, but didn't want to without knowing how far I needed to go.)

If I had it to do over again, I would be calling the folks at Firmfeel. I have installed there swaybars in several Mopar projects at the shop and all of their stuff is topnotch. These guys do their homework and it really shows.

Rev.

You know, I feel so stupid. I stared at that reply to sitting on the spring comment for 10 minutes saying what the hell before I figured it out. Thanks pal, I need more coffee....

I made a reinforcement bracket for my no-name bar and it seems to work better now. At least until I become wealthy enough to buy a proper one, or smart enough to build a way better mounting system.

Revhendo.

-
Back