Front tunnel section

-

TXOval

340 stroked to 416
Reaction score
Does any sell a replacement tunnel section?

Previous owner cut a big hole for a Lokar Shifter…like the entire tunnel from front of seats to fire wall

I haven’t seen the automatic tunnel section sold separately from the front floor pan you usually find. Do you have a picture of what you are talking about?

3284604E-D762-456B-90EE-6D2A01085489.jpeg

It definitely wasn’t necessary…

Lokar shifter, mounts to top of transmission and uses a level system in lieu of a cable. This is what I uncovered…a piece of sheet metal screwed down :mad:

3C880149-C3D4-4ABB-B891-F0A24A58074D.jpeg

Maybe they had a different transmission than a 904 or 727.

Next time you see a parts ad…. Inquire about if part of the floor is for sale.

Take a cordless Sawzall to a junkyard .....

I'll be cutting up a 72 duster shell in the spring, cuz we need the roof. Shipping would be a killer from MD to TX.

I’m taking it to my buddies body shop, we should be able to fabricate a piece. May not be perfectly stock, but a little more room wouldn’t hurt anything

Unfortunately junkyards around my area aren’t common anymore

I’m taking it to my buddies body shop, we should be able to fabricate a piece. May not be perfectly stock, but a little more room wouldn’t hurt anything

Unfortunately junkyards around my area aren’t common anymore
That’s probably for the best, and the carpet hides everything anyway.

I'd go into the parts car section of the forum and ask if anyone can cut it out and ship it to you. The good thing is that the hump doesn't really rust since water can't really pool up on it, so there should be plenty available.

Could also fairly easily just make your own and bend it over your knee and no one would even know it was custom unless they looked under the carpet.

Yeah, it really ticked me off on Saturday. I should have taken my time with the carpet:rofl:

Now I’ll need to buy a new set

That appears to be a 66 Barracuda. Nice job on the patch! Does the car have an aftermarket AC system in it? If so, does it work well? Sorry for the nosey questions, but I have a 65 Barracuda that I will soon be ripping down to a hull to start over. I bought a nice aftermarket AC system from @RAT ROD AL to put in it and wondered if you like the one in your car.

:thumbsup:

Yes, 66 Barracuda. I’m running a Billet Specialties Tru-Trac Serpentine conversion and their compressor.

Controls, airbox, etc is from Old Air Products. System works to keep the car cool, but not as efficiently as a new car…but probably shouldn’t expect it to

That appears to be a 66 Barracuda. Nice job on the patch! Does the car have an aftermarket AC system in it? If so, does it work well? Sorry for the nosey questions, but I have a 65 Barracuda that I will soon be ripping down to a hull to start over. I bought a nice aftermarket AC system from @RAT ROD AL to put in it and wondered if you like the one in your car.

:thumbsup:

-
Back