front windshield trim clips

-

forced 340

Reaction score
Hey gang! working on my wifes 73 swinger. I am replacing the front and rear windshields/clips. I have a set of clips from AMD and it has 4 smaller clips. for the life of me, I cant remember where they go. any help is appreciated!!!

here is the kit I have

H-C-8019_800.jpg

ok. I was thinking that, but there are 6 holes in the pillar's. just use the outer 4?

Yes that is correct. If you had a cloth top and if the top runs the length of the windshield pillars then 6 short clips are needed.....I had some used clips left over from paint, I used the old clips in the middle of the new ones.

ok. it does have the vinal going down the pillars. I hope 2 will hold each side!

Don't leave out the other 2 clips!!! if you just need 2, send me a pm and I'll mail a couple used ones, but I think you have the wrong kit!!!

Johnny71dusty has the same set of clips on his 71 that I use on my 70 Darts - the four tall clips go at the bottom of the windshield in the center.

Don't leave out the other 2 clips!!! if you just need 2, send me a pm and I'll mail a couple used ones, but I think you have the wrong kit!!!

Johnny71dusty has the same set of clips on his 71 that I use on my 70 Darts - the four tall clips go at the bottom of the windshield in the center.
That’s what I hear but others keep saying they go up the sides or the corners and few other guys in here say not to use the smaller ones at all that they won’t work . That we should buy all the green ones for the whole car

I’m embarking on this journey now also with dads 69 Dart. It was originally a vinyl top car. Most of my clips were junk, but I kept what I could. I’ve found the clips I bought for the rear window match the old ones. As for the windshield, I got the same kit as OP from AMD through DMT. the green ones I can match to original clips. The black ones though, I can’t match them. What’s more, I have these other clips that are wider and shorter. Take a look (left are new, right are old). The ones that have me scratching my head are the bottom ones I don’t have any old ones to match the new black, and I didn’t get any of the short wide ones. The short wide ones are for the a pillar. There are 6 holes total on the a pilars and I have 9 clips. I also think I remember there being material from either the vinyl top or headliner on the short wide ones. Any input is appreciated.

E0002F0D-EA3C-41A5-81BE-4BDBAFCD350E.jpeg

Okay, I have some input from myself. I went back to DMT’s website and stumbled across the SEDAN clips, my short wide ones look just like the ones from the sedan set... except the ones on DMT are oval holes and mine appear round holed. Just another piece of information.

along the bottom the ends have a shorter channel than the rest of the bottom. I used taller ones in the middle and had to use the shorter ones at the ends. as above, just more info.

My windshield is supposed to go in on Tuesday (God willin' and the creeks don't rise). The guy coming to do it is an old friend and a long time glass dude who is retired. We'll talk about the clips before it goes in and I can take pics of the various clips when he confirms they are correct and send in the info.

-
Back