Front windshield

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
One of the upcoming projects for my 72 swinger is replacing the front windshield. Now I can get a new front windshield no problem, and I plan to get new trim and trim clips, but does a 72 use just a gasket or does it have a gasket and locking strip? Thanks

Can also look at Super soft, they sponsor the site, have bought weather stripping from them for my whole 67 and fits perfect, still need to do the front and rear gaskets still

Make sure they use the sealant for gasketed glass. I didn't and the glass bonded to the gasket and car and destroyed the gaskets when we had to take the glass back out. That was a wasted $400

This^^^^^ do not use urethane windshield sealant.
Butyl is used with a rubber gasket.

Thanks guys, ID rather not mess with it or mess it up, I think I'll leave this to someone that does it for a living, can't have my windshield leaking lol

well i got my old windshield out, new windshield, gasket and clips came today. i still have to get the sealer/bedding stuff. a friend of a friend works for a glass company and is going to install it for me for a wopping $60.

i saw a video of..yes..a mustang... windshield getting installed and the way it goes in looks identical to my dart but the guy used no sealer,

is the sealer supposed to be used where the windshield goes into the gasket, or where the gasket goes over the pinch weld, or really no sealer at all? just curious.

-
Back