Frontend rebuild on a 73 Dart Sport 340

-

adart4me

Reaction score
I am rebuilding the fron end top to bottom on a 73 Dart Sport 340 and am wondering who makes a good kit. Ive been told Moog dose good but are a little high in price compaired to others and I have been told the Polyurathane kits are nice but you end up going through tie rod ends rather quick. So dose anyone have any suggestions?

Poly may handle good but squeek badly, I knew people who removed the Poly's and went back to rubber. Hey if they lasted 30 years. I got my kit from www.P-S-T.com, just the plain rubber resto kit. Not badly priced and shipped quick.

I agree, it's hard to beat Moog. I tried the poly crap over the years, too squeaky, doesn't fit correctly, looks funny etc. Moog rubber lasts a long time and it's proven to work on stock setups.

[QUOTE='73red-duster]Check Mancini Racing's online catalog. Pretty good price,and hard to beat Moog.[/QUOTE]

I bought my kit from Performance Suspension Components. They had the best price and most complete kit, It came with inner and outter tie rod ends, Adjuster, balljoints bushings and a idler arm. I used Poly but the poly bushings I didnt replace were ther upper control arm bushings and the strut rod bushing. I'm going to replace the poly upper control arm bushings next. They are to stiff and dont let the suspension rise well.

-
Back