Frost Blue the most common color in 68?

-

rc_brooks

Reaction score
My 68 barracuda was Frost Blue (same car I am trying to buy back now). I have to say I've seen that color probably more than any 1 other color I can think of. Not only that, but even on non mopars that color seemed to be very popular. I'm almost 40, so I wasn't alive at that time, but I'm guessing it was just a very popular color at that time.

Can anyone think of a more commonly used color?

I think it was Forrest Green. I recall seeing more of them than any other color.

Mopar color guide-

Olive green- 70%

Beige or tan- 20%

Other- 10%

I have no production specs. but I sure seem to land mostly the mist and Forrest green
cars. They must be drawn to me.

I have no production specs. but I sure seem to land mostly the mist and Forrest green
cars. They must be drawn to me.

Me too. I think all three of my cars were originally Forest Green. I'm glad that a previous owner painted one Medium Blue! I plan on painting the Cuda convertible Sassy Grass Green and the 70 Roadrunner is scheduled to be the reddish orange (I forgot the name) color with white stripes and vinyl roof.

B5 blue was very popular for mopars of that era and chev had a similar shade of blue. yes F8 green seemed to have been the mopst popular. it really is a pretty color with fresh paint, but not 50 yr old paint!!!!!!

when you get in to early 70 duster darts, seems like they were mostly light some sorta brownish or light green!

My 68 Cuda was born FF1 light forest green but someone repainted it light blue.....
wish they hadn't. ......

Mopar color guide-

Olive green- 70%

Beige or tan- 20%

Other- 10%

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that. Maybe a lot choose to paint their cars a different color during a restore. The 74 I had was Frosty Green Metallic if I recall, though it had been painted lime (poorly) when I owned it in the 90s.

I don't know for sure but frost blue is a color I see very little of. Lots of green and brown!

That was a joke, but it sure seems like it sometimes.

In the late 60's lots of cars of all brands were a shade of green

Had a green 69 Roadrunner, green 69 Charger SE & green 69 SS Chevelle

My 1st car was a 67 Barracuda that was a light blue, hate light blue so painted it dark blue. My guess it was called or the same color as a 68 frost blue

Greens, tan & gold were popular colors of the 60's, green & gold kitchen appliances, green & gold SHAG carpet

Go back to the 50's and lots of pink, mint green, white & light blue in houses, what were some popular colors of cars, the same.

Colors run in cycles, no matter what they are painting.

-
Back