Noizemaker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1964 Valiant Signet V8 For Sale
Bellevue, WA
Price: 3500OBO
Payment Methods Accepted: Cash. Crazy I know. If we're gonna ship the car we'll work something out, if you're local tho, I want cash. :)

So yeah, few months back I picked up a Valiant Signet. Wanted something old, fun and cool to kinda see what it was like to have something that wasn't a modern sports coupe. I got that... but then realized that I was driving it like it was said modern sports car. Realized I needed something that more befit my interests, so it's time to let this go. I dailied i from when I bought it in January until I bought my new car at the end of June.

273 V8 (currently averaging ~14mpg, gets ~18 on the freeway!)
Pushbutton automatic.
62,1xx miles on the odometer. Unsure of actual mileage. Might be 161, but it runs way too nice for that, and the interior is in better shape than that mileage would suggest.
Original radio in the dash, still hooked up, but I've never used it. Instead I ran an amplifier in the trunk to an MP3 jack and a couple 6x9s so I wouldn't have to cut any holes in the dash.
New shocks all around (Gasadjust), new rear tires.
Electronic ignition.
Plugs, wires, cap and electronic ignition in the last 3k miles.

I've been daily driving this since January to work and back. Keep oil and gas in it and it just hums along. Will do 70 down the freeway no problem. Near as I can tell there's no rust in it other than what you can see in the pictures, and that hasn't eaten through the car yet. :) Doesn't overheat or anything. I've a ton of service records from about a decade ago outlining a trans replacement/rebuild, thousands in maintainence, and showing just how well loved this car has been before I got it. Records get slim after about 2002, but the important stuff got covered ~35-40k ago.

Pics at: http://picasaweb.google.com/m.laverty/WentOutForMoreMilk#
Youtube walkaround! http://www.youtube.com/user/Threeuselesscars?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/TYOT2K8Ir40
Youtube trunk video! http://www.youtube.com/user/Threeuselesscars?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/MLzYjtWGW3c

You get a sense it's a pretty solid car from the vid, but it like any car needs a couple things, i'm sure.

First up is an alignment. I put the shocks on, and set the front wheels to max negative camber, so that at least the car would track straight and the toe would be even side to side. It's probably got ~a degree and a half negative up front. The bushings are fine, it just needs a toe/camber adjustment.
It uses some oil. Figure a quart every few tanks of fuel. If you rod on it and beat the car, it goes through more but normal driving it consumes on the high side of "some". Never had issues with it running low, just kept some in the car.
Carpet's due to be replaced. the seats are in great shape though.
No rot in the front wheelwells, only the little bit of rust shown in the first video in the rear wheelwells. Trunk and floors look solid.
Gauges all work, but the gauge lights work at their whim. :) PRNDL works, but the cluster comes and goes even though the guages all work.

I tried listing the car locally, but didn't get a ton of serious interest. The main interest I got from people was friends who weren't in WA, so I figured i'd better open this up to people who aren't local to me. :)

I'm available to answer questions, either PM me here or email me at [redacted- didn't notice the No Email Addresses unless Gold rule!] I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP!

IMAG0622.jpg

IMAG0625.jpg

IMAG0629.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back