Fuel cell plumbing

-

smythge

65 with a BIG BLOCK
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what fuel lines to run from my fuel cell to carb. I am going to run 8an I really don't want to pay for steel braided, or mess around with bending aluminum lines anything else I could go with?

i have always used the alum. comes in coil lengths....it is easy to work with and not to much $$$. rubber hose is a no no....nhra & ihra only allow a small amount of rubber hose.... something like 10-12 inches total... check the rule book to be sure.... the A N fittings will cost more than the tubing.......dont forget you need to run a vent line also ...

summit brand braided hose is cheap like $90 for 20 feet and $60 for 15 feet. braided hose is well worth the money spent. 68gts is right you will spend more in fittings than the hose itself. you make the call.

I used braided on the supply and aluminum on the return side when I plumbed my Fuel cell.......Cruise E-bay......I found my whole set-up...pump, filter, line and fittings for $200. Some guy was stripping out his car to put it back to stock.

Ok I decided on 1/2 braided lines, the only other question I have is how to plumb the vent. I have 2 8an vents on top, and just wondering what is the best way to vent the cell. any help is appreciated.

Greg

I used a cheap in-line fuel filter from Napa to let air in and out but keep dirt out on my vent line......the line vents the cell though a grommet in the trunk floor. I also have a roll-over valve on the vent too. The fitting on the right in the pic is for my return line........

fuelcell4.JPG

I can see the filter and you said it vents through the floor with a grommet, is the other end of the hose just open and basically poked through the grommet and venting throught the the underside of the car?

smythge said:
I can see the filter and you said it vents through the floor with a grommet, is the other end of the hose just open and basically poked through the grommet and venting throught the the underside of the car?

That is correct.......

Summit Sells A Holley Blue Electric F/p,holley F/p Regulator,20 Ft. Of Braided Hose And All The -6an Fittings You Need For $230.i Installed This On My Small Block Duster And It On Its First Night Out 2 Weeks Ago It Turned A 11.90 1/4. With 3.91 Gears.the Kit Works Nice.comes With Cushioned Fuel Line Mounts.really Works Well.delivers Plenty Of Fuel.the Summit Kit Is The Way To Go If U Are Wanting Braided Line.20 Ft.is Plenty To Do The Whole Car.as U Will Not Need A Return.

74360duster said:
Summit Sells A Holley Blue Electric F/p,holley F/p Regulator,20 Ft. Of Braided Hose And All The -6an Fittings You Need For $230.i Installed This On My Small Block Duster And It On Its First Night Out 2 Weeks Ago It Turned A 11.90 1/4. With 3.91 Gears.the Kit Works Nice.comes With Cushioned Fuel Line Mounts.really Works Well.delivers Plenty Of Fuel.the Summit Kit Is The Way To Go If U Are Wanting Braided Line.20 Ft.is Plenty To Do The Whole Car.as U Will Not Need A Return.

i beg to differ on the return. With an eletric pump you should run a return.....not only will the fuel stay cooler it will let the pump run cooler and it won't have backpressure so the pump will last longer.

Planning my fuel line setup and think I will go with the Summit rig also. What is the best way to route the lines from the tank to regulator to carb? What were the locations for the regulator, fuel pump, filter and return line if used? Did you install the relay too? Some pictures of someone's setup with this kit would be great.

-
Back