fuel cell?

-

440valiant

cuda
Reaction score
hey, has anybody ever made there own fuel cell. In metal work i was thinking about tig'in up an aluminum 8x8x8 one for my car. What safety equipment do you need to be able to race? My teacher was saying something about being double lined?

thanks

i have a plastic cell, filled with foam. i think it`s made by jazz. i never heard this before. maybe if you`re building a roundy, rounder???
hey cool, wish i had the talent to build my own. just do your homework first and good luck.

You could make your own, does not need to be double wall.
Your size 8x8x8 really throws me, what would that hold 2 quarts?
In the tank you need an approved fill piece and a vent port on the top and a supply and return port somewhere near the bottom. You can purchase all these pieces and foam to put in it at summit.
You also can purchase an aluminum cell with every thing included it it for less than 200 bucks, but you would'nt have the satisfaction of making your own.

If your that handy I'd make some killer mounting brackets, maybe a battery box but the summit tanks are nice and very well built and it will probly run you $250 in material to make one that looks the same, A shiney silver box. Just not worth the time and effort to me. But good luck.

if your fuel delivery requires a return line, try to keep it away from the supply port. i heard somewhere it creates a turbulence which might disrupt your supply port. i`m not dead certain about this. just something you might want to look into. finally, if you`re going nhra with this, their going to want to see a ground wire to the tank. one more thing, when you vent this thing, put a curl in your line. ex. i use an alum. line with a couple curls then out the floor. supposed to prevent siphoning the fuel??

-
Back