fuel cell

-

72demon440

Reaction score
Just looking into putting a fuel cell in my demon. I would like it to sit flush with the trunk.. removing spare tire well, I would like to see pictures of other A bodies with fuel cells and where you bought it and $$$. Have looked in summit but they list so many of them and most are an above mount tank not a flush mount tank. My spare tire well is too weak to support oem tank and I know I could fit the sheet metal but I like the look of a aluminum fuel cell! Thanks Jared

Flush mount aluminum tank (custom), internal pump/filter. Filler soon to be added through the tailpanel.

You can buy an aluminum one from Jegs and weld (or have welded) a flange all the way around to mount it flush in the floor

4-2-09_updates_009.jpg

9-25 updates 001.jpg

9-25 updates 006.jpg

That looks great and is exactly what I would like to do! Great looking setup! Is that tank one you had made or just had the flange welded on to? Jared

Stupid question... Where is the Filler neck on your tank. I don't see where you fill it at? Jared

RJ,
Again Great work. How many gallons?
If I remember correctly you fabbed the tank up, Where did you aquire the sender and fuel line pieces for the tank?
Andrew

This tank was custom made by Bruning Auto Design. Holds 17gallons-ish and has internal baffles. The filler is gonna go through the tailpanel into a neck.....little half circle sharpie mark near the back of the tank is where it's going into the tank. Should be pretty cool.....but will take some time.

The pump/filter I got from Dave Weber at ModernHemiMuscle. Walbro pump.

-
Back