Fuel filler

-

willyj

Reaction score
How do I get that damn thing out of the car? I wiggle and twist to no avail. Need a suggestion or tip.

Thanks

you could try and twist it with a pliers that helped me out. when you buy a new one sometimes you will get new rubber lines, you might need those(incase you rip or tear a rubber line)

you can buy a new filler neck? Why though. I plan on just reusing my old one after I clean it out.

Use some wd-40 at the seal between the neck and filler. theres no easy way to do it imo, just twist around and pull the best you can...some lube at that seal will definately make it easier. Just my .02cents. And you did unscrew the one seal between at the trunk floor/filler neck correct? Should be a couple philips screws holding that sucker down.
-Mike

:cwm10: wow i feel like an idoit when i read it i though it said fuel filter....then i reread what goody said, and other responces and read the topic name....wow oops sorry :silent:

lol... no problem dartwagon. although you did have me lost for few.

Yep got all the seals unscrewed i believe. i was wondering if i had to take off a panel or something to get that out of there. i do see the vent line where it is connected and plan to get some needlenoses and get that one pulled off. i was hoping i was doing it wrong. guess not. just have to work at it a bit more.

willyj said:
lol... no problem dartwagon. although you did have me lost for few.

Yep got all the seals unscrewed i believe. i was wondering if i had to take off a panel or something to get that out of there. i do see the vent line where it is connected and plan to get some needlenoses and get that one pulled off. i was hoping i was doing it wrong. guess not. just have to work at it a bit more.

Other than that, there will be screws that hold it to the 1/4 panel where the gas cap is....you removed those too right lol. with those and the trunk/neck seal unscrewed, its a matter of wd-40 and twistin

-
Back