Fuel hard line

-

dodgedude37

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how they form the end of the tube like this? I have tried several methods using my flairing tool, but I can't quite achieve this shape. Is there a different mandril I don't know about?
20231003_112034.jpg

That's the first half of a double flare. If you have a double flaring tool, you can make one just as good.

That was one of my attempts, does the tube stick out of clamp the same as double flair?

That was one of my attempts, does the tube stick out of clamp the same as double flair?
That's how I always do it, yes. That pic up there ^^^^ is one of your "attempts" at a hose barb? I'd say it was a success.

No, that's what I am trying to copy.

The double flair part starts to form before the initial flair has a line to form a barb.
20231004_093310.jpg

I've done some with my double flair kit. It's been a while since I have had to do it, but if I remember right, I let just a touch more tube stick out of the clamping fixture to be able to make a better bubble. Play around with it some and see, with some scrap tubing.

No, that's what I am trying to copy.

The double flair part starts to form before the initial flair has a line to form a barb.
View attachment 1716149919
That's it. That's probably as good as you're gonna get with a standard double flare tool. As long as you have a barb to tighten the hose down over, you've succeeded. I'd run that.

-
Back