fuel injection

-

btroxler

Reaction score
Just read an article in the Sept. Mopar Muscle mag on Retrotekhttp://retrotekspeed.com fuel injection systems. Looks like a nice setup as it uses a standard carb configuration and can handle up to 500 HP on return less and 500+ on return systems. It is a little pricey (2100) but compared to almost 1000 on more tunable Holley's it is not that bad. plus it learns as you go as it has a PCM and you can make simple changes through a laptop. It comes with all the sensors as well and there are only 3 needed so it is truly a bolt on kit. I was wondering if any had heard of them and what your thoughts were.

Thanks for the link. They even have a kit that will work on slants. Too cool for words. Not a bad price for a complete kit, but I'll still need to win the lottery to afford one.

I think these guys were bought out last year by Professional Products. I'm in the act of sourcing efi for my Scamp. I looked into this system, but I'm leaning towards port injected rather than throttle body injected. You get better atomization of the fuel with port injection. Still, the price for this Retrotek/Professional Products system is actually very good. Port injection systems that I've found start at around $3,200.

I'm pretty sure Professional Products bought them out - I saw the Professional Products version at PRI last year. It's an interesting idea but I suspect a more conventional TBI (or Holley's Commander system, for that matter) would have better fuel distribution because the injectors on the Retrotek / Professional Products unit were nearly sideways instead of vertical. Its biggest selling point is that it looks like a carburetor. It also looks relatively easy to install.

-
Back