Fuel Line Advice/Help

-

Matt Miller

Reaction score
I have a 70 340 Swinger.
I would like to install a factory appearing fuel line from pump to carb.
My car currently has an Edelbrock AVS 2 Carb and Edelbrock Fuel Pump
(see attached photos)

As mentioned I want to put a factory appearing line. I have been told the factory repro lines will not bolt up to my current set up.
I am looking for some advice on who to contact to get a 2 piece line with the correct connections for my current set up.
I have not had to do this before and would like to get it right the first time around.

Thanks, Matt
Carb 1.jpg
Carb 2.jpg
Carb 3.jpg

I would think that a factory 4-bbl line would work as many of these engines came with a AFB. Maybe a new fitting at the fuel pump.

I would look up a picture of a stock line and copy it with
a tubing bender and whatever fittting were need to match your
combo if different that stock.

Might check with "Right Stuff"
Pretty sure they make what you are looking for

How "Correct" do you want it to look? I bought a length of steel fuel line from O'Rielly's several years ago and bent it by hand to fit/work. It looks pretty darn good, and it only cost a few bucks.

Not looking for perfect OEM, I just want the correct look.
I think my problem is getting the correct fitting on the fuel line.
I am not real mechanically inclined, small tool box guy....LOL

I'm thinking heat soak will become an issue when using the factory style steel lines and routing, although you can always insulate it.

Does your current fuel line shown in the photos interfere with the air cleaner of something? Why change it, especially since that carb is not stock to begin with.

I'm thinking heat soak will become an issue when using the factory style steel lines and routing, although you can always insulate it.

Does your current fuel line shown in the photos interfere with the air cleaner of something? Why change it, especially since that carb is not stock to begin with.

I just kind of like the stock look, system works fine right now.
Looks like it might be more trouble than its worth.
Maybe I will just wait until I find and put a stock carb on the car.
Kind of hate to start messing with it since the car starts and runs so good now.

Thanks for the input everybody.
Matt
1.jpg
Engine 4.jpg
Interior.jpg

I purchased the factory lines From Inline Tubes for my 69 383. Perfect fit from filter to carb, and pump to filter IMO! I am using an AVS-2 800 and looks just like stock.

Had to order a carb fitting from Q-jet something on the web for the correct threading. I have had no issues with heat soak or vapor lock.

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

I purchased the factory lines From Inline Tubes for my 69 383. Perfect fit from filter to carb, and pump to filter IMO! I am using an AVS-2 800 and looks just like stock.

Had to order a carb fitting from Q-jet something on the web for the correct threading. I have had no issues with heat soak or vapor lock.

View attachment 1715940332

View attachment 1715940333
That just looks super cool!

If your thinking about it then you probably could do it yourself. Fuel line is pretty inexpensive. Tube benders and cutters are pretty inexpensive too. Or if you can borrow those tools, even better! It’s a low cost investment to do some trial and error on bending your own line. The end result will probably look quite good!

I did it when I upgraded my 2bbl to a 4bbl as I wanted the upgrade to look somewhat stock. I bought extra line for practice on the compound curves and when I was ready to bend the long piece from the filter to the carb, I wasn’t pleased with it and made a second one that I was happier with.

2bbl line routing:
8B2AEB56-20F2-4B3F-A9F0-00D7C94AD4BF.jpeg

4bbl routing:
25C3D9CC-49EC-4167-B132-46EF00DFCC31.jpeg

If your thinking about it then you probably could do it yourself. Fuel line is pretty inexpensive. Tube benders and cutters are pretty inexpensive too. Or if you can borrow those tools, even better! It’s a low cost investment to do some trial and error on bending your own line. The end result will probably look quite good!

I did it when I upgraded my 2bbl to a 4bbl as I wanted the upgrade to look somewhat stock. I bought extra line for practice on the compound curves and when I was ready to bend the long piece from the filter to the carb, I wasn’t pleased with it and made a second one that I was happier with.

2bbl line routing:
View attachment 1715940434
4bbl routing:
View attachment 1715940435

Nice work man!
Thanks for posting the photos.

-
Back