fuel line and linkage... im lost

-

slipyoke

Reaction score
Hey guys got a 76 duster. just did an engine swap bored it over hot roded it a little bit. so as ive said before new to the hoarse power thing and hitting it head on.

now after my swap like an *** i didnt think to mark the steel fuel lines coming from the tank now im assuming the big one is fuel to carb, the next one is return, and the small one goes to the evap canister?

and could some one shoot me a pic of the linkage to the carb, return spring and all. im pretty sure i have it right but again i cant remember and i cant find any clear pics

hey thanks guys have a good one

i hate to bump this, but come on guys i need some help!

Sounds correct, do not know. How about blow on the suspected fuel line, you will hear bubbling in tank if its the fuel line. Return would go back to tank as well and be smaller. Charcoal canister usually runs... dont know.. Never had one on the vehicle long enough to care.. My hot rod builds eliminated the canister, although I will be putting one on my next duster as I rather collect / burn the vapors than waste them if possible.. I bet you can research emissions diagram for your duster and get that all sorted out..

Nice orange motor, is that a torker intake?

Oh, if you blow on the fuel line in the engine bay, use low pressure and wait a little time for fuel to make it back out to the tank then you will hear bubbles if its the fuel line, also take off the tank filler cap (this may all be obvious)..

Did 76 use a electric fuel pump? If not, that is not a return line. It is smog line. To charcoal cannister, just a vent. On my 70, just installed a cell, and I pulled the old lines off. There was 2, seem to remember 1 was charcoal cannister.

Sounds correct, do not know. How about blow on the suspected fuel line, you will hear bubbling in tank if its the fuel line. Return would go back to tank as well and be smaller. Charcoal canister usually runs... dont know.. Never had one on the vehicle long enough to care.. My hot rod builds eliminated the canister, although I will be putting one on my next duster as I rather collect / burn the vapors than waste them if possible.. I bet you can research emissions diagram for your duster and get that all sorted out..

Nice orange motor, is that a torker intake?

Oh, if you blow on the fuel line in the engine bay, use low pressure and wait a little time for fuel to make it back out to the tank then you will hear bubbles if its the fuel line, also take off the tank filler cap (this may all be obvious)..

good information thanks, it was not obvious to me lol.

ya know the intake is some real old school edlbrock. An old guy gave it to me he said forget what every one tells ya this intake is amazing. i can hardly find any info on it though. hope it works out ok.

-
Back