Fuel line hose clamps

-

72cuda340

Reaction score
49401E73-423F-40EE-A81F-1787DEBAC60A.jpeg
What are you guys running for clamps on the rubber hoses on your fuel lines? I’m replacing a section of hose from fuel filter to carb with some gates barricade hose that’s supposed to be safe for ethanol fuels.
My car had worm type clamps on the lines from previous owner. Would I be better off with the ear style clamp? It would definitely look cleaner. Thanks in advance

What are you guys running for clamps on the rubber hoses on your fuel lines? I’m replacing a section of hose from fuel filter to carb with some gates barricade hose that’s supposed to be safe for ethanol fuels.
My car had worm type clamps on the lines from previous owner. Would I be better off with the ear style clamp? It would definitely look cleaner. Thanks in advance

Hello 72cuda340
Welcome to FABO.
I have been using clamps like this now.
Most auto parts stores carry them in boxes of ten.
Dorman Products - 55172
Hope this helps.
Stay Safe.....
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

Welcome to Fabo. The 1s Arron posted about are real nice and do a great job. The came out when fuel injection did. Those others will work also. Kim

Any clamp that doesn't leak.

Not being cheeky, as the Brits say.

i am using wire spring clamps for better or worse but they haven't leaked a drop.

yup, the ones Aaron listed
they are on ebay as "efi clamps"

Thanks guys, just found some of those efi clamps at advance auto. Appreciate the help!

View attachment 1715530015 What are you guys running for clamps on the rubber hoses on your fuel lines? I’m replacing a section of hose from fuel filter to carb with some gates barricade hose that’s supposed to be safe for ethanol fuels.
72cuda340,
I highly recommend ABA mini clamps for this and any hose clamp application...they have rolled edges that don’t cut into the fuel line.They are all made from 304 stainless steel and are very durable. Check them out. I use only ABA clamps on my 73 Dart Swinger and are very pleased with their construction. Buy these once and you are done...that’s how good they are. I got mine from Ultimate Garage...I believe they were in New Jersey at the time I bought mine but seem to remember that they were moving down to NC. Glad to see you bought the Gates Barricade R9 fuel injection hose which is required for the fuels of today. I replaced all the old R7 fuel hose in the 73 to GATES BARRICADE and am very happy with it. I wish more classic car owners would change over to R9 fuel injection hose as the R7 degrades internally from the ethanol and causes bits of rubber to find their way into fuel pump and carb areas. Hope this helps in your search.
318MG

72cuda340,
I highly recommend ABA mini clamps for this and any hose clamp application...they have rolled edges that don’t cut into the fuel line.They are all made from 304 stainless steel and are very durable. Check them out. I use only ABA clamps on my 73 Dart Swinger and are very pleased with their construction. Buy these once and you are done...that’s how good they are. I got mine from Ultimate Garage...I believe they were in New Jersey at the time I bought mine but seem to remember that they were moving down to NC. Glad to see you bought the Gates Barricade R9 fuel injection hose which is required for the fuels of today. I replaced all the old R7 fuel hose in the 73 to GATES BARRICADE and am very happy with it. I wish more classic car owners would change over to R9 fuel injection hose as the R7 degrades internally from the ethanol and causes bits of rubber to find their way into fuel pump and carb areas. Hope this helps in your search.
318MG
Yes it’s almost impossible to find non ethanol fuel where I live. If you let the car sit for several months the ethanol starts wrecking havoc on hoses,seals,O-rings. I’ll be looking for some kinda additive to add to the gas. My friend recommended startron to add to fuel to eliminate the negative effects of the ethanol. Bottom line I definitely have to drive my car more lol

Yes it’s almost impossible to find non ethanol fuel where I live. If you let the car sit for several months the ethanol starts wrecking havoc on hoses,seals,O-rings. I’ll be looking for some kinda additive to add to the gas. My friend recommended startron to add to fuel to eliminate the negative effects of the ethanol. Bottom line I definitely have to drive my car more lol

I use StaBil Marine 360 for my 73 Dart...it can sit for a month and I pump it 4 times and she fires right up. I also use it in my 4 cycle Kawasaki Mule, all the 2 cycle weedwackers and blowers and in the Honda’s. It’s formulated for use in watercraft also and does it’s job. I figured if it can handle the rigors of boats and such, it would do well for our cars and power equipment and it has.Check it out...
318MG

-
Back