Fuel line-is this ok??

-

brewil

Reaction score
I'm getting an Aluminium fuel cell made and will be running a Fuel lab pump and filters setup. Mainly a street/pro-touring car.

What I want to know is, do I have to use tubing for the fuel line or can I use Redhorse lightweight double braided black hose (rated at 350 psi) the whole length?

It will be -10AN from tank to Y-fitting and then -8AN to fuel rails (EFI) with a return of -10AN from the regulator. All fittings will be aluminium Redhorse AN and AN-npt.

The fittings apparently are top quality and sometimes cheaper than the Summit ones.
Please check http://www.jdaent.com/ and let me know.

The fittings come highly recommended but I'm not sure if I can run hose instead of tubing.

thanks,

Brett

Oh I am wanting to go with the best hoses and fittings and would rather pay now than later.

From my 22 gallon fuel cell in back to the firewall I run a double set of Aluminum fuel lines held in place along side the frames rails with clean rubber coated metal holders and of course during its run it has AN fittings to such things as the electric fuel pump and regulator as well as an inline fuel filter. No glass, no rubber and no problems after being on the vehicle 20 years. You just have to know what size fuel lines to run whether 3/8 or 1/2 inch

I'm going to run -10AN till the y-fitting and then -8An and -10AN retunr from the regulator.

-
Back