Fuel Line Options!!

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I have a miserable vapor locking problem on my 360 4BBL........Really hot weather right now, and the former owner just cobbed a fuel line together......runs within a quarter inch of the stinking radiator hose.......

I don't care too much about looking exactly stock with this.......what would you guys recommend for a nice fuel line setup from the mechanical pump to the carb that will be good looking and nicely insulated? Pics?

I need to get this done yesterday.............8)

You could always go with braided line, that's what I did here:

IMG_0043.JPG

The lines at the carb are a Russell kit that I got from Summit or Jeg's, I bought the hose and fittings for the line from the mechanical pump to the carb fittings and put it together myself.

Mine comes up behind the alternator off the mechanical pump. With a small tubing bender and a flairing kit the options are only limited by your own creativity. I am running 3/8" tubing no insulation and never had a problem even in 95 degree weather. Are you sure the fuel isn't cooking in the carb? Do you run the thick spacer/gasket?

I used to have the same setup, with hard line from the fuel pump to the fuel line but cracked it a number of times, that's why I went with the flexible braided lines.

I have a miserable vapor locking problem on my 360 4BBL........Really hot weather right now, and the former owner just cobbed a fuel line together......runs within a quarter inch of the stinking radiator hose.......

I don't care too much about looking exactly stock with this.......what would you guys recommend for a nice fuel line setup from the mechanical pump to the carb that will be good looking and nicely insulated? Pics?

I need to get this done yesterday.............8)

The AN fitting before the fuel filter is a swivel which takes all the bind out of the line.

Think I used a 45* AN fitting from the pump.

DSCN1080 (Small).JPG

If someone opted for a preformed factory fuel line, what would be a good way to properly insulate it without going with an unsightly wrap? :read2:

-
Back