Fuel Line System

-

68GTconvert

Reaction score
I just bought a Holley Black pump and Regulator. I need to get the Braided lines and fittings AN or whatever. Does anyone sell a kit from the tank to the fuel log(I already have one) at the carb? or can someone give me a list of whats needed? I am new to electric fuel pumps and I am running a gear drive so I need to go electric.
Thanks

I use the same guy for lots of AN fittings. Great seller.

I don't want to sound negative but those Holley pumps are loud! Just a friendly fair warning.

All you gotta do is isolate it good with a good thick piece of rubber.

All you gotta do is isolate it good with a good thick piece of rubber.

I don't have the Holley pump on my cuda but when I had the pump on a Charger it was loud. I installed inner tube between the pump and the frame. That didn't work. I even put inner tube between the pump mount and the pump! Then I installed thick rubber(some kind of concrete floor mat that suppose to keep down leg fatigue almost a 1" thick) between the pump and it was still loud.... not as bad however. What I mean by loud is you can sit in the car with the engine running and mostly hear the pump buzzing.

Maybe the "new design" won't be loud.

What is all needed for a setup of fuel cell from trunk to pump in engine bay?

First off, make sure you mount the pump so it's inlet is below the outlet of your cell. If your cell has a sump in it (hopefully) at least try to get the outlet and inlet in line.
Use an open pre - filter before the pump, 85 micron minimum - 100 is better. Make sure to have a good post filter, someplace before the fuel get to the regulator preferably. I would also recommend either a prefilter with a shutoff valve built in or a separate shutoff valve before the pump. It makes cleaning / changing filters so much easier.
For that Black pump - use at least -8AN line on inlet to the pump - you can go larger but the pump has a 3/8 npt inlet so you are really limited by it anyway. Outlet - I would recommend no larger than -8an line up to the front.. If you run a return line I would go smaller on it, say -6an..

Well I will report back and tell you if it is unbearablely loud. Thanks for all the info, I think I will call the ebay guy and pick his brain.

I don't have the Holley pump on my cuda but when I had the pump on a Charger it was loud. I installed inner tube between the pump and the frame. That didn't work. I even put inner tube between the pump mount and the pump! Then I installed thick rubber(some kind of concrete floor mat that suppose to keep down leg fatigue almost a 1" thick) between the pump and it was still loud.... not as bad however. What I mean by loud is you can sit in the car with the engine running and mostly hear the pump buzzing.

Maybe the "new design" won't be loud.

Inner tube ain't thick enough. I use a piece of tire sidewall on all of the ones I do. LOL It works good.

Inner tube ain't thick enough. I use a piece of tire sidewall on all of the ones I do. LOL It works good.

Sounds like what I needed to have done.

These pumps are supposed be quieter. The ones at the top of the page are the quieter ones and the ones at the bottom of the page are the louder ones. They resemble the holleys. There is a member on here that used one of these pumps (the ones closer to the top) and he was happy to say it was quite.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/fuel-pumps/

Walbro 392GSL is super quiet and will pump more fuel than most Naturally Aspirated Stroker Motors will ever Dream about using. I used 3 of these pumps for my TT Engine. With all 3 pumps on at the same time you can barely hear them at all. All that Aeromotive Stuff is way over priced. I would not buy that stuff no way. It is Loud and just too damn much $$ when these Walbro's will out perform them with ease for less.

This is where I bought mine. This seller has sold going on 800 of them and the price is right.
3 of these is good for over 1400HP Boosted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALBRO-UNIV...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item33583461c8#ht_4148wt_842

View attachment phpmyA57TPM-1.jpg

-
Back