Fuel Lines and Fittings

-

Thrashard340

Reaction score
I am planning on redoing my fuel lines, from tank to carb, mechanical fuel pump with 3/8 lines. Motor puts out around 400 HP.

This is an area i've paid little attention to in the past and need to get up to speed. Who uses what brands and why?

Thanks in advance.

I was in the same situation, 400+hp and needed fuel lines.

Through research, I've found that 5/16th is enough but I was planning on upgrading the engine in the futures as this is a car I want to keep.

I bought my 3/8 fuel line from a car show, a made-in-US or Canada piece. I forgot which brand. The pump is a Carter high volume mech., I probably wont buy another one since the inlet/out are only 1/4th inch and adapters are annoying...

from the pump I used a brass adapter to hose for most of the 270 deg turn then bent steel brake line up to the carb AN fittings (w/adapter) .

I'm happy with my Mopar-by-Crane fuel pump (reseller). Cheap, NOT CHINESE, and looked well made compared to others.

First you will need a 3/8" sending unit.

As far as the line from the tank to fuel pump,there are many options.
You can get pre-bent (factory) lines in Stainless or steel in 3/8".You can run Aluminum 3/8" line,very easy to bend.You can use braided stainless or nylon line.The choice is your's here.

For the pump to carb you can either go with a hard line or an fittings.
I have access to an fittings and fuel line and can help you put together a pump to carb system.Pm me if interested.

Picture 670.jpg

-
Back