Fuel Lines

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to build a fuel line system from my tank all the way to the rails.

I plan on using the existing fuel line off the fuel rails, but what size connector would I need to fit in to this factory quick disconnect fitting?

This is 'Riddlers' setup I believe:

I have mirrored it so far except for a few minor changes in the tank connections due to different setups. I'm unsure what connectors to use from the filter on wards to the fuel rail. I think I might run a new 3/8's hardline, are there many hardline to AN fittings available these days?

Are you guy's running a hardline or a super strong flex?

Also do all adapter fittings going in to a female AN hose have to be an NPT fitting to get a proper seal? I'm getting a bit confused by all the types of fittings and what I need to use.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/rus-640940

...Also do all adapter fittings going in to a female AN hose have to be an NPT fitting to get a proper seal? I'm getting a bit confused by all the types of fittings and what I need to use...
No, the only thing that can, or should, be screwed into a female AN hose end is a male AN hose adapter. Adapters can be male AN on one end with male NPT on the other end, for example.

Doesn't look like my setup. I think its RealWing or something like that. Do a search and buy the PTFE line that I did. It's super good hose. Its Teflon coated so the gas won't premeate(no gas smell). The company in the tread that was posted has fitting also which are about the same cost as Summit.

I think I also have part numbers for fittings. If not PM me and I'll get them for you. Just out of town till Monday.

Riddler

I used a similar flex line off my rail as you are, and I ran steel hard line all the way to it. I borrowed a hydraulic flaring tool that put the correct "ridge" on the line for the coupler to click on, you may be able to rent it at a parts store. I did the same thing in the other end because it went right into the corvette fuel filter/regulator.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 250
Doesn't look like my setup. I think its RealWing or something like that. Do a search and buy the PTFE line that I did. It's super good hose. Its Teflon coated so the gas won't premeate(no gas smell). The company in the tread that was posted has fitting also which are about the same cost as Summit.

I think I also have part numbers for fittings. If not PM me and I'll get them for you. Just out of town till Monday.

Riddler

Ahh yes, it was in fact Riddler, my bad. Is the PTFE line summit only brand? I did a search on their site and it only came up under theirs

I didn't use Summit line. I've got a source for a much better line at a better price. I'll message you back later today.

Riddler

-
Back