Fuel Pressure Guage

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Ideas...I would like to install a 15 PSI inline fuel guage in the engine compartment. I have looked on-line ect, however all fuel (logs-rails) with "T" are for a "dual" float carb (double pumper) . The problem is I just don't what the guage flopping around laying on the manifold from a mickey mouse "T" settup attached to a fuel hose. I will still be running the mech pump and the fuel inlet for my "Holley" is on the drivers side. Without using a lot of ugly fittings and mega hose clamps has anyone completed a clean looking setup for a single float carb.
PS I thought if I found a banjo fitting with a 12 " straight line I could bend it 90 degrees in front of the carb then add a "T" but I'm not sure these lines can be bent?? This may be overkill, but would like see pics or ideas.
Thanks, Jim

Gotta picture of what you are working with? I havent a clue on how your setup is lol. Dont forget if you are using a liquid filled gauge it will only properly read when its not exposed to underhood heat. They go hay-wire when they get hot :D

GoodysGotaCuda said:
Gotta picture of what you are working with? I havent a clue on how your setup is lol. Dont forget if you are using a liquid filled gauge it will only properly read when its not exposed to underhood heat. They go hay-wire when they get hot :D

Well here's a pic of what I have now. Notice the banjo fitting on the inlet carb? I went to Lordco and Holley dosn't have a bango fitting that has a treaded end for a compression fitting to join a 5/16 hard line. They only had a Carter fitting to replace the Banjo but the thread were wrong and the end only again was fitted for a hose. As I stated I would like to run a clean hard line. Now they did have a "T" connector for the guage but not for compression fittings...just Russel hose connectors. (Just my life) for something that should be "so" simple! :cussing:

DSCF0001.JPG

How about using a 2"-2 1/2" long brass "fitting" with two female 5/16 compression ends. Drill and tap a hole in the middle of the brass fitting for a fuel gauge. Bend up a line from the fuel pump to the fitting ending roughly midway in front of your front fuel bowl. Fabricate another line from the fitting, extending out about 2" so you can clamp a hose on it and the fuel inlet.

Would that be satisfactory?

ramcharger said:
How about using a 2"-2 1/2" long brass "fitting" with two female 5/16 compression ends. Drill and tap a hole in the middle of the brass fitting for a fuel gauge. Bend up a line from the fuel pump to the fitting ending roughly midway in front of your front fuel bowl. Fabricate another line from the fitting, extending out about 2" so you can clamp a hose on it and the fuel inlet.

Would that be satisfactory?

Thanks Ramcharger, I may have to "and" go your way. Would be alot cheaper then Russell "AN" fittings. I went again on line and found Russell infact does sale "hardline" to "AN" adapter fittings. (the guy told me they didn't) So I contacted him at Lordco again and he said he would "review" his books a give things a try with a spare carb. I did find out...each hardline adapter alone is about 15.00 (WOW) NASA stuff! I will see what he come up with.
Thanks again :thumbup:

510-26-26.jpg

Jegs sells those for holleys. I would try something along the lines of 3/8 hardline (which is what that takes), to a tee fitting in front of the bowl with the gauge, and have 5/16 hardline come out and meet up to the factory routing.

-
Back