Fuel Pump and 3/8" Fuel Line

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
I am looking at replacing my original fuel line (5/16") on my 69 Dart with a new 3/8" line from front to back. Is there a Carter mechanical fuel pump that allows me to make that conversion? I currently have a Carter mechanical pump that transitions at the fuel filter into a 3/8" line for the carburetor, but I figured I might as well make it 3/8" from front to back.

Carter offers one. It has 1/4" NPT inlet and outlet which is much larger than 3/8 flare.

Carter offers one. It has 1/4" NPT inlet and outlet which is much larger than 3/8 flare.

I have that 1 on my car and bought the prebent 3/8 fuel line from finelines. I'm still working out the line from the pump to filter and filter to carb.

I'm not sure if Carter offers one but here's the Mopar pump that I used when I upgraded mine to 3/8".
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P4007040AB/10002/-1?parentProductId=1118151
Ted

So did you just run 3/8" fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump? And how are the connections made at the fuel pump? What line did you use to go from the fuel pump up to the fuel filter and then to the carb?

This might be a dumb question, but how is 1/4" much larger than 3/8"?

So did you just run 3/8" fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump? And how are the connections made at the fuel pump? What line did you use to go from the fuel pump up to the fuel filter and then to the carb?

This might be a dumb question, but how is 1/4" much larger than 3/8"?

The 1/4 is pipe thread. The 3/8 is flare thread. Two different animals.

-
Back